Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Android™ Runtime Development

Contributor
My Device: Bold 9800
My Carrier: AT&T

Downgrading from OS 2 is hanging on the Desktop Software.

[ Edited ]

Last night, I upgraded to the lastest OS2 BETA and quickly discovered that the Android Player would not initialize/hang when launching converted BAR files.

Based on experience and various forum posts, I realized that I had forgotten to do a security wipe prior to upgrading

[Sidenote- I know this is a BETA launch, but I thought part of this testing was to make sure that the OS would upgrade seemlessly without forcing the need for a security wipe first].

Anyway, based on previous fourm posts and docmentation, I proceeded to start the downgrade process so I could do the security wipe and then reupgrade.

Before I continue, I'd like to point out that before I started this downgrade process, I had upgraded the Desktop Software to the latest 7.0.0.32 released in the BETA world.

Now that I got that out of the way, the Desktop Software is currently at about 60% of completing the intsallation, and has been hanging there  for at least the last 2 hours..  To be more specific, it is in the middle of "Installing sys.help.bar".  For obvious reasons, I'm extremely hesitant to disconnect or restart the downgrade process.

I am open to suggestions/recommendations.

UPDATE 1:33 PM EST:  I am left with no option so I am attempting a hard reboot by holding down Power+Vol Up+Vol Down.  Will follow-up with results

UPDATE: 2:32 PM EST: After hard reboot, appears as though installation did complete.  Performed security wipe.  Playbook then automatically updated OS.  Now Android Apps work.  But, this is a word of warning if you're using the latest BETA Desktop Software, if you don't do the security wipe before upgrading, there is a good chance it might hang.

Marc K.
Twitter: @technomensch
http://stayinginsync.info