Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Android™ Runtime Development

Contributor
uncletex
My Device: BB10
Accepted Solution

Eclipse cannot detect my BBZ10 device

Hi, 

I have installed the Blackberry 10 Eclipse Plug in and I am now trying to add my device as a target.  But Eclipse is unable to detect the device. I have tried using the "Blackberry Development Setup Wizard" where I tried running the auto-discovery.  The auto-discovery failed so I tried adding it manually by entering the IP address and password for the device.  I was sure to enable development mode on the device and the IP address was entered correctly.  I also tried changing the IP address, and I tried rebooting the device.  None of this worked--Eclipse was still unable to detect the device.  Is there anything I'm missing?

So since debugging with an actual physical device wasn't working, I decided I would try using the simulator instead.  I downloaded the BB!0 simulator for Mac OSX and then tried to install it on my machine.  I then launched the disk image from the .dmg file and clicked on the install icon.  A window opens with a "Next" button in the bottom right corner that I am unable to click on.  I waited for a while and then I had to force close the window because nothing was happening.

As you can tell, I am not able to do any debugging, either with the simulator or an actual device.  This is pretty annoying and I must say that the folks at Blackberry are not making it easy for me to develop software for their platform.

I am using a Mac OSX 64-bit machine with OS version 10.8.4 and Eclipse 4.2.  My BBZ10 device has the latest version of the OS installed on it as well.

Thanks.

Contributor
tanmaytajs12
My Device: Z10

Re: Eclipse cannot detect my BBZ10 device

Just Recheck that the version you are using of Eclipse is compatible with your latest Device and the simulator asthis problem has arised previously to me too.....

Trusted Contributor
imre_m
My Device: PlayBook, Z10, Q10

Hi,

Eclipse 4.2. with the latest BB plugin should work well in my experience. There should be a firewall or something on the system level blocking the communication.

Does BlackBerry Link work with the Z10?

Do the command line tools see your device or simulator, can you deploy an app manually?

Regards,

Imre

--
If you find this post useful please Like it.
If it solves your problem please mark as solution.
Contributor
uncletex
My Device: BB10

Looks like I had to install BBLink first in order for everything else to work. 

Thanks!

Trusted Contributor
imre_m
My Device: PlayBook, Z10, Q10

Great!

It means that Link installed the required drivers so the system can recognize your device.

Regards,

Imre

--
If you find this post useful please Like it.
If it solves your problem please mark as solution.
Developer
sorout2009
My Device: Blackberry Z10

First ensure that you have installed Blackberry Link software in your system. While we connect the device to system, it will automatically ask for installing the Blackberry Link. One more thing Device should be in development Mode - ON
Dharmender Singh