Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Android™ Runtime Development

Contributor
dhatchina
My Device: Blackberry Playbook
My Carrier: Docomo

Facebook not working in Android app which is ported to blackberry (Device : BB10 dev alpha device)

[ Edited ]

Recently I ported my android app to blackberry (i.e) for BB10 using repacking tools provided by blackberry developer site. I successfully converted my android app to blackberry app, but some of the feature are not working. For example, Facebook is not working.

In blackberry playbook, all functionality works fine.  BB10 dev alpha device produce the below problem

Problems: I'm using facebook_android_sdk for facebook sharing, During authentication process, after entering username and password and clicking login button, user not authenticated, webview just shows login page again and user is not authenticated. I don't know what is the problem. This process working fine in android app, But only in blackberry giving problem.

Same problem occurs in twitter, flickr authentication. Please clarify my doubt.

Please help.

Thank in advance.

Please use plain text.
New Developer
connorroberts
My Device: Non-BB User (Android / Galaxy Note)
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Re: Facebook not working in Android app which is ported to blackberry (Device : BB10 dev alpha device)

If it's an issue with all of them, it's probably some sort of sandboxing on blackberrys side. You may want to look into alternatives to your current method :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
peteroruba
My Device: Simulator only
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Re: Facebook not working in Android app which is ported to blackberry (Device : BB10 dev alpha device)

I am hitting the same problem. Any news in that regard? Did you find a work-around?

Cheers,

Peter

Please use plain text.