Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Android™ Runtime Development

New Contributor
greno
My Device: Blackberry Playbook

Re: Fail Signing

I have signed an app before and have it published in blackberry app world.  I also tried re-signing that one to see if I have some new problem with my configuration, and it still signs fine.  There is something about this other project in Eclipse that isn't right.

Contributor
BoolRider
My Device: Developer

I just want to make sure you realize the basics. One, you know that you have to increment the version string every time you attempt to sign a new release? Have you done this in your AndroidManifest.xml file?

New Contributor
greno

This is the first time I am trying to sign the app, so that shouldn't make a difference. However, I did increment the versionCode and versionName in the manifest, did the Verify APK again and I get the same error.

If I understood what the error is trying to say, it would help.  I'm not sure if it means there is an image file (graphic) that is invalid, or the build image is invalid.

New Contributor
greno

BUMP.

I figured I would give this one more try to get help from RIM before I give up on porting any more apps to the playbook. I still can't get past this issue.

-Gregg

kunshenglai
My Device: cascades

I had got  this trouble too,but  had solved it now.
I think my problem cause by a too big png,I change it from 256*256 to 114*114,and success.
you can get  some useful tips from the comsole if your problem like this when you run your app.