Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Android™ Runtime Development

New Contributor
ThatGuyIsHere
My Device: Playbook

Fail Signing

Hi guys I need some help. I registered for the free playbooks and have been trying to get this app resumitted. The app signer wont sign my AUTHOR and RDK codes, and I get this error message:

"Packaging failed:1C:\Users\Programs\eclipse>set version=1.0.3 C:\Users\Programs\eclipse>set LIB=C:\Users\Programs\eclipse\bin\Blackberry SDK\ C:\Users\Programs\eclipse>java -Xmx512m - cp "C:\Users\Programs\eclipse\...\BARPackager.jar;C:\Users\Programs\eclipse\...\Apk2bar-1.0.3.jar" net.rim.tools.apk2bar.Apk2bar "C:\Users\Programs\eclipse\App\bin\App.apk" "C:\Users\Programs\eclipse\windows-android-sdk" - t "C:\Users\Programs\eclipse\...\ dist\Android3.1\ Start packaging App.apk [ERROR] [BarGenerator] Unknown image type 0App.apk....................................Failed summary: Total Apk files #1; succeeded0; skipped 0; failed 1;"

I summed up some of the file names, but could someone help me. Any help is appreciated! 

Thanks,

Josh

Contributor
BoolRider
My Device: Developer

Re: Fail Signing

[ Edited ]

"\ dist\Android3.1\"

Is that accurate? Go check inside your project directory. Inside the root of your project directory go into the dist directory and then tell me what the name of the directory inside there is.

It appears you designed your project for a target of Android 3.1. That's not allowed, Playbook OS 2.0 only supports a target of 2.3.3 at most.

New Contributor
ThatGuyIsHere

Yes it is accurate, I have another version with version 2.3.3 that gets the same error. Also when i debug it, it runs very smoothly with the 3.1 version and the 2.3.3 version.

New Contributor
jlntlanyl
My Device: BB

umm, i believe the OS 2.0 only supports 2.3 and you have to set it in manifest or something(could be the issue). also, check your image type, i think it needs to be PNG or something
New Contributor
ThatGuyIsHere

No its has nothing to do with that. I found a guy with the same problem and he said it was the Apk2Bar verifier
New Contributor
ThatGuyIsHere

I figured it out, thanks for your help! Turns out I had version numbers incorrect.

Developer
TheVaan
My Device: PlayBook

[ Edited ]

Great that you found out how to solve your problem.

For the guys that says it's the Android 3.1 folder and the target-sdk:

In manifest.xml you have to set your minSDK to maximum level 10:

<uses-sdk android:minSdkVersion="10" />

But in properties.properties you CAN set your target level higher then level 10:

target=android-13

I had to set it to level 13 because the ad sdk I used needed this and it works fine and the app got approval with this target SDK. So don't worry if you find your app in /dist/Android 3.1 cause it's okay. The BAR signer stops compiling if there is a porblem with the SDK level.

Best regards

greno
My Device: Blackberry Playbook

I have this same issue, and can't get past it.  I actually have one app that works and one that doesn't.   Both have Properties -> Android -> Project Build Target set to Android 2.3.3 (API Level 10).  Both have the following in the manifest:

<uses-sdk android:minSdkVersion="3" android:targetSdkVersion="9"/>

I've also tried changing the one that didn't work to this, without luck:

<uses-sdk android:minSdkVersion="10" android:targetSdkVersion="10"/>

Any suggestions?

-Gregg

New Contributor
greno
My Device: Blackberry Playbook

[ Edited ]

Anyone have any suggestions on how to get past this?  At this point I'm dead in the water and can't move forward.

Thanks

-Gregg

Contributor
BoolRider
My Device: Developer

"Anyone have any suggestions on how to get past this?"

Have you ever signed the apps before or is this your first time?