Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Android™ Runtime Development

New Contributor
My Device: Q5
My Carrier: None

Google IAP v3 to Blackberry BB 10 - bindService = false

[ Edited ]

Hello everybody,

I am new to this forum and have to convert an android-app to blackberry. Everythiung works fine except the Google IAP.

I have a real device BB Q5 (Version 10.1.0.2342) and an emulator (Version 10.2.0.1155) and I want to use Google IAP V3.

If I call "activity.getApplicationContext().bindService(new Intent("com.android.vending.billing.InAppBillingService.BIND"), mServiceConn, Context.BIND_AUTO_CREATE));" it returns "FALSE" and the listener "onServiceConnected" is never called.

If I try it on an android-device it works fine.

I have read some forum threads here and I know, that the playbook only supports IAP v2 - but I dont want to support playbook. Using Google IAP v2 is no option for me.

Now my questions:

- Does the emulator supports Google IAP? If yes, which version of Google IAP and which Version of BB OS?

- Which version of Google IAP is supported on my BB10 devices?
- How can I solve the problem?

- Do I have to sign the bar-file?

Pls help

Thx

Trusted Contributor
My Device: PlayBook, Z10, Q10

Re: Google IAP v3 to Blackberry BB 10 - bindService = false

Hi,

Google in-app purchase is not supported since it's bound to Google Play. You have to adapt your app to use in-app purchase through BB World.

You may find the documentation here: https://developer.blackberry.com/android/apisupport/apisupport_inapp_payments_support.html

I hope this helps.

--
If you find this post useful please Like it.
If it solves your problem please mark as solution.
New Contributor
My Device: Q5
My Carrier: None

[ Edited ]

Hi,

thanks for the quick reply. I thought, that IAP works like push-notifations and the android-vm on the BB-device just calls BB World instead of google services. I am a little confused, cause the other people here say, that IAP v2 works. I already have created a sandbox-account, but I dont think that this is the problem. Unfortunately I am missing anweres to my questions.

So you say, the implementation Google IAP does not work with BB? Do I have to implement an own shop-handling on the device to make it possible to purchase with BB World?

Trusted Contributor
My Device: PlayBook, Z10, Q10

I don't have much experience with IAP, just what the documentation says. The binding should work though, it should not be affected by the fact that transaction responses are not signed. However people on the forum seem to confirm that only V2 is working properly.

Did you try to upload your app as a draft and then download it on the Q5 using the development mode in BB World?

--
If you find this post useful please Like it.
If it solves your problem please mark as solution.
New Contributor
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: Virgin

Even though some say V2 works, I had to modify the Market Billing library BillingService class, in the BillingRequest.makeRequestBundle, change:
request.putInt(Consts.BILLING_REQUEST_API_VERSION, 2);
to
request.putInt(Consts.BILLING_REQUEST_API_VERSION, 1);

Without that, I was getting RESULT_DEVELOPER_ERROR, on Playbook. 

More info http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Android-Runtime-Development/In-App-purchase-error-RESULT-DEVE...

Developer
My Device: Simulator - developer
My Carrier: No provider

I have a question regarding IAP in BlackBerry.

Are apps, which offer IAP purchasable features, required to use BBW's IAP facilities, or is there an option to use some other kind of IAP facilities? We have IAP facilities in place for our app, and we use platform IAP facilities only where required.

My second question is, is there a guide for transition from Google play store IAP API to BBW IAP API?