Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Android™ Runtime Development

New Contributor
cohoman
My Device: Playbook tablet
My Carrier: Sprint

Got a free Playbook, but doesn't have App World icon or any apps loaded!

I just got a free Playbook from the App Developer Promotion Program, but it didn't have the "App World" icon on the home screen. As such, I couldn't download any apps to my new Playbook. I tried doing a Full Wipe under the Security settings page, but that made it worse by wiping out all the available apps except for the Browser.

I've got the Blackberry Desktop Software loaded on my iMac and connected to the Playbook, but when ever I initate the "Check Updates" on either the Playbook directly or in the Desktop Software I get the message, "No Updates found for your device". I'm currently running OS version 1.0.7 Bundle 2670 on the Playbook.

I tried the trick of connect the device to my iMac with the Desktop Software running and doing a hard reset of the Playbook but that didn't do anything.

Any advice on what I should do? This Playbook Tablet is essentially useless if I can't load apps or even load my developed apps.

Thanks.

cohoman

Please use plain text.
Developer
soaman
My Device: Z10

Re: Got a free Playbook, but doesn't have App World icon or any apps loaded!

Check this:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-PlayBook/I-interrupted-first-OS-upgrade/m-p/141995...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Leader of Ljubljana BlackBerry Developer Group
BlackBerry Certified Builder for Native Application Development
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
cohoman
My Device: Playbook tablet
My Carrier: Sprint

Thanks, but I tried the solution that was proposed at that link already several times, but I never see the "Update" request. So, I can't seem to select that option. Is there a way to force an update? Also, I'm running a 1.x OS version, shouldn't the latest version be OS 2.0?

Please use plain text.
Developer
soaman
My Device: Z10

Yes, OS 2.0 should be installled.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Leader of Ljubljana BlackBerry Developer Group
BlackBerry Certified Builder for Native Application Development
Please use plain text.