Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Android™ Runtime Development

New Contributor
minicarclub
My Device: Playbook Developer
My Carrier: Rogers

Help! deploying converted android app (now .bar file) to simulator (in vmware)

Hi All,

I've gone through all the hoops as guided by various RIM Dev support pages in order to convert an android app to a .bar file for a program that my friend developed for android platform. I am trying to develop the app for the playbook through my company.

The app was successfully converted to a signed .bar file using the online option. However, my issue comes from trying to load the app to test into the vmware pb simulator. I did all the steps as mentioned for eclipse in order to deploy the app that way, but I guess I'm a tard and am having issues with the details of the new project steps and thus cannot actually deploy it that way. As mentioned, I don't need to   sign it or get a debug key as I've already converted it successfully and it's been signed. I just need to deploy it for testing. I'll ask my friend to change the code accordingly if there are issues, i.e. resolutions, etc...

As a workaround to using eclipse plug-in, I thought of using the command line method to deploy, i.e. use batchbar-deploy.bat however it doesn't seem to work for me. Here is a sample of the line I'm using through DOS prompt:

batchbar-deploy.bat [L:\zroundPB\] [device-ip] [device PIN]

where device-ip and device PIN are the values within the pb simulator whilst running in vmware.

please help. I'm going insane....

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
minicarclub

Re: Help! deploying converted android app (now .bar file) to simulator (in vmware)

I think I got it working; from the command prompt after running the batchbar-deploy command:

Info: Sending request: Install

Info: Action: Install

Info: File size: 60047

Info: Installing ...

Info: Processing 60047 bytes

Then it goes back to the bin directory where the BB SDK tools was installed.

Note though that there are no additional app showing on the simulator in vmware player. Just the browser.

Any suggestions????

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
minicarclub

Re: Help! deploying converted android app (now .bar file) to simulator (in vmware)

I resolved the issue it seems. The app is running in the simulator, however it needs wifi access. Can anyone guide me to some info on how to enable WIFI on the simulator? does it support WIFI? I've been googling like mad with very limited results....c'mon guys!

Please use plain text.