Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Android™ Runtime Development

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Not Specified
My Carrier: Software Developer

How to do network settings to run application based on internet in BB 10 simulator.

Hi All,

I am deploying an Android phonegap application on BB 10 simulator which will make http connection while starting the login page and here after that also used http connection. I have successsfully deployed the .apk file by creating it to .bar file. my aplication is launching fine but after loading bar it is showing network error please check your device/simulator network settings.

Any idea about how can i configure the network settings inside BB 10 simulaotr , I want to use my PC internet for that.

Thanks to All

Retired
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: Virgin

Re: How to do network settings to run application based on internet in BB 10 simulator.

Is this actually an Android bar ported over using the apk re-packager? If so, it sounds like more of an Android issue; we can ping the proper guys if this is the case. IFfyour application is Cordova have you thought about re-packing using BlackBerry WebWorks? You might have to make a couple modifications to the config but it could be well worth it.

@erikjohnzon
erjohnson@blackberry.com
Trusted Contributor

Re: How to do network settings to run application based on internet in BB 10 simulator.

My application is an Android application which has been developed using phonegap\cordova API's for Android.

I have done properly repackaging to .bar file. and before packaging i verified .apk by online tool whether it is valid .apk for creating .bar file for BB10.

Thanks to All

Retired
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: Virgin

Then in that case, this is an Android issue, since it uses different facilities to interact with the network then normal webworks applications. Let's see if we can move it over to a forum with some better visibility on that.

@erikjohnzon
erjohnson@blackberry.com
Trusted Contributor

But that application is working fine with Android simulator and device also.

Thanks