Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Android™ Runtime Development

New Contributor
Torching
My Device: Torch 9810
My Carrier: Bell Mobility

How to package app using Eclipse plug-in?

I've installed the Blackberry Android plug-in to Eclipse (Indigo SR1), configured the BAR signer, and added the Blackberry 'nature' to my Android 2.3 projects.

So far so good, but now how am I expected to create the BAR file?

The only suitable option I could find was "sign for appworld" on the Blackberry Tools menu.  This worked fine - and I was able to run the BAR on my playbook - but only once for each project...

Now, when I change the project and select that option again I get the following error:

Error: Code signing request failed because this file has been previously signed. blah3.bar /blah3/dist/Android 2.3.3 C:\Dev\blah3\dist\Android 2.3.3\blah3.bar BlackBerry Previously Signed

But that msg is not correct - this BAR is new and is not signed.  If I try to install this new BAR on my device I get "Failure 500 BAR Unsigned Error".

So, what has gone wrong?  Was I correct to use "sign for appworld", even though I'm just testing - not actually submitting to app world?

Thanks.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Torching
My Device: Torch 9810
My Carrier: Bell Mobility

Re: How to package app using Eclipse plug-in?

Okay, I figured it out.

There is supposed to be a "run" option on the BB Tools Menu as described here:

The option is missing from that menu, but it can still be found by going directly to the run menu, "run as" submenu - there is a "bb android launch" option that launches the app onto my playbook.
Other then that hiccup (the item is not on the BB tools menu) I would say that I quite like the plug-in.  It builds on the ADT in a way that feels quite natural and unobtrusive.
Please use plain text.