Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Android™ Runtime Development

Contributor
appefficient
My Device: Developer

How to resubmit a denied android app?

Hello folks,

I just realized that my app launcher icon size is smaller (64x64) compared to the play book required size (86x86).

My app is still waiting on test house but I'm thinking, if nothing else, they will send it back to me to include the correct launcher icon and resubmit...

I'm trying to figure out the steps to resubmit my app once I fix the issue...

1. In my android manifest file, do I need to increase the version number from 1 to 2?

2. My vendor portal products page shows my product as "release 1" And file bundle name as "bundle 1" - do I need to delete the "release 1" and upload a new release and call it "release 2"...? Also, would I be deleting the existing "file bundle 1" and creating a new file bundle called "file bundle 2"?

3. Or do I "not" have to do any of the steps 1 & 2 above and simply delete the existing bar file that is currently associated with my "file bundle 1" and browse and upload the new bar file into the same "file bundle 1"? And anything else after uploading the bar file?

I would appreciate so much if someone who had to resubmit and got their android app successfully approved can post a step by step on what needs to be done...?

Many thanks in advance.

AE

Developer
Innovatology
My Device: Playbook, Z10, Q10, Z30 with Files & Folders and Orbit of course

Re: How to resubmit a denied android app?

Don't delete anything. Just increase the version & build number in the mainifest XML file and re-package with the correct icon. Then, in the Vendor Portal, click on the + in the "Relase" column of your app to add a new release.

The test house will always use the most recent release for their test.

Files & Folders, the unified file & cloud manager for PlayBook and BB10 with SkyDrive, SugarSync, Box, Dropbox, Google Drive, Google Docs. Free 3-day trial! - Jon Webb - Innovatology - Utrecht, Netherlands
Regular Contributor
matale
My Device: Developer

I dont rhink the icon will be a problem,it just gets resized/padded
New Developer
jjstack3000
My Device: playbook

Just saying innovatology is right as that is what they did with my app :-)