Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Android™ Runtime Development

Developer
johnmiya
My Device: 9780
My Carrier: sw

How to support Android Hardware functionality when port Android app to BB10

Hi I want to port my Android App to BB10... till now I ported Android games to BB10, games doesn't have h/w functionality. Now I want to port one Android App to BB10, that app contain camera, sharing via blutooth, mediaplayer .. I read some post that h/w functionality not supported when porting 

so what can I do now  for my Android app, I want to support all Android hardware functionality to BB10 when porting, how can I proceed , where can I change the code

Any suggestions or any URL for this query ... Thanks in Advance :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Developer
ndsmyter
My Device: Limited Edition Z10, Playbook 16GB/32GB, Dev Alpha A/B/C
My Carrier: Mobile Vikings

Re: How to support Android Hardware functionality when port Android app to BB10

I think that most of the functionalitiy you mentioned is actually working in BB10. To find out which functionality isn't working, you can use this link: https://developer.blackberry.com/android/apisupport/unsupportedapi_blackberry10_hardware_features.ht...

If you know what isn't working, you can maybe try in just removing those features from your app? Or maybe see if you just can't leave it in your application (and make sure it doesn't crash without it) for when this functionality should be added in the future.

A like is always appreciated,
but a nomination for BB Elite even more :-)
You can also contact me on Twitter: @ndsmyter
Please use plain text.