Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Android™ Runtime Development

New Contributor
jdherenu
My Device: None
My Carrier: None
Accepted Solution

How to upload my app to BlackBerry AppWorld

Hi, I'm trying to upload my Android app to the BB App World. I did all the first part which was giving the new app a name and everything else but when it gets the time that I have tu really upload the file I don't know how to continue.. I get to a page where something like this is said

"If you have a ZIP file containing directories which encompass your COD/BAR files and define your File Bundles you can import it here. Otherwise, you will have to manually add all COD/BAR files and bundles. "
with a button that says "Batch Import Files"
and below that a button that says Add filebundles.
I have several questions about this. What is the file that I have to upload? My .apk or I need to create another file from my android project?
What is a filebundle?
And the most important... what do I have to do to get throw this step?
Thank you very much.
Sorry about my english!

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
matale
My Device: Developer
My Carrier: none

Re: How to upload my app to BlackBerry AppWorld

You need to convert your apk to a BAR file using one of the tools provided here: https://bdsc.webapps.blackberry.com/android/.

You upload your BAR file under Add filebundles

Please use plain text.
Developer
Brainstem
My Device: Playbook Simulator
My Carrier: Three

^ What he said. Though I had to use the online converter to actually get the BAR. 

I couldn't figure out how to do it in Eclipse. Verify APK and Sign for App World seemed like the obvious options but neither seemed to produce a BAR. What am I doing wrong?

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
matale
My Device: Developer
My Carrier: none

Sign for App world produces the bar, it just doesn't tell you where it is, it creates a new folder in your project folder with the bar in it.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
jdherenu
My Device: None
My Carrier: None

I found it. Eclipse creates a new folder called "dist" when you "Sign for App World" and in there it is the .bar file. It also generates all the different versions of the .bar with it date.

Thank you all!

Please use plain text.
New Developer
sdsm0015
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

I did all of that and made a bar file. When I submitted it I got denied because it did not have a .cod file. What is that and how di I get it?

Please use plain text.
Developer
Brainstem
My Device: Playbook Simulator
My Carrier: Three

^ I believe a .COD file is an app compiled to run on a smartphone, as opposed to Tablet OS. 

When you submitted your app did you ensure you selected Tablet OS as the supported platform and not smartphone?

Please use plain text.