Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Android™ Runtime Development

Developer
srk2012
My Device: BlackBerry 8520

Re: Iam able to see my Ported BlackBerry app from android working on the 10.2 simulator But How to check it on Device Z10 ?

Hi imre_m   

My company is going to purchase testing device to test my app  which I have earlier tested on 10.1 and 10.2 simulator

and app was only working on 10.2 simulator.

According to you what woould be your best suggestion  to test on i.e which device should I  ask my comapny people to purchase to Test.

Name the device please Urgent

Retired
jjasmann
My Device: BlackBerry 10 Dev Alpha B

Re: Iam able to see my Ported BlackBerry app from android working on the 10.2 simulator But How to check it on Device Z10 ?

Hey srk2012,

It really depends what kind of application / which users you're targetting.

If you need to target users with a physical keyboard, either the Q10 or the Q5 will suit you well. If you want to target that majority of existing BlackBerry users, Z10 will be the best fit. If you'd like to be on the cutting edge and require some beefy hardware, get the Z30.

I hope that helps!

Justin

Justin Jasmann | Android Application Development Consultant
Developer Relations
developer.blackberry.com
Developer
srk2012

Thank you for the brief reply with expalination

Developer
srk2012

I have  BlackBerry Q5  with me.

Please guide me How to  Installl the  signed  BAR file   on Q5?

Can I intsall only  unsigned BAR files/ apps ?

I have signed using   BlackBerry Tools->Sign  for blackBerry world   using  my csl pw and keystore pw's 

[2013-11-05 12:27:38] Start packaging project yupptv...
[2013-11-05 12:28:12] Start verifying project yupptv...
[2013-11-05 12:28:31 - yupptv] Finished verification with warnings or errors, check Problems View for more details.
[2013-11-05 12:29:07] RDK Signing Completion Status: (E:\Java Native Apps\Android SDK\workspace\yupptv\dist\Android 4.2.2\yupptv.bar) OK
[2013-11-05 12:29:09] AUTHOR Signing Completion Status: OK

Retired
jjasmann

That's great!

You can install both signed an unsigned apps, however for unsigned apps, you will need a debug token installed on the device.

To deploy an app, you must:

1. Install Command-Line tools (https://developer.blackberry.com/android/tools/)

2. Put your device in Development Mode (Settings -> System and Security -> Development Mode : ON

2. Execute

blackberry-deploy -installApp -device 169.254.0.1 -password <device-password> YourApp.bar

And that's it!

Justin

Developer Relations
developer.blackberry.com
Developer
srk2012

Thank you for guiding me How to Install the BAR file on my device.  It helped me Now Iam able to install the BAR file successfully and check my App.

Can you please go thru my other query

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Android-Runtime-Development/when-I-tried-to-Run-the-Android-A...

Thanks

Developer
srk2012

How can I deploy my app using               BlackBerry Deployment setup wizard?

Can I do it?

Do I need to again  create debug tokens etc

Iam able to sign the BAR file as i alreday said.

My android people want to see the logcat errors while installing on the devcie and after installing on the device.

Developer
srk2012

Ok   Problem solved Iam able to install  with BlackBerry Deployment wizard also  Creted debug token

Retired
jjasmann

Awesome! Let me know if you've got other questions.

Justin

Developer Relations
developer.blackberry.com
Developer
srk2012

Can you please support me on Team viewer or any support /chat 

Iam seeing some errors when  running the App on the BlackBerry Q5 run time

see the log cat errors

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Android-Runtime-Development/when-I-tried-to-Run-the-Android-A...