Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Android™ Runtime Development

libromovil
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

In App Payment and Virtual Good SKU

[ Edited ]

I understand the Virtual Good SKU must be the same as the ItemId of the Android In-app Payment. The problem is, that the SKU of a Virtual Good must be globally unique, not only for the specific application the Virtual Good will be sold, but globally to all App World available Applications and Virtual Goods. This breaks compatibility with Android In-App purchase ItemId, which must only be unique inside the application the Virtual Good will be sold. Has someone else faced this problem?

In my application, the Item ids are simple identifiers, and when I create the corresponding Virtual Goods in the Vendor Portal, I get an error, that the SKU is not unique, probably because somewhere in the App World universe, someone used the same SKU for an application or Virtual Good. I think it would be nice if this would be somehow fixed, so that the Blackberry Android InApp Payment API can be really considered transparent to the developer. Else changes on the Android application and/or Server are required to match this global uniqueness.

Please use plain text.