Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Android™ Runtime Development

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: Viettel

In App purchase error: RESULT_DEVELOPER_ERROR

Hi all,

After converting from android we facing one error: RESULT_DEVELOPER_ERROR when call RequestPurchase.

We are using google API in app purchase v2.

Any clues on this?

Thanks.

New Contributor
My Device: anything but.

Re: In App purchase error: RESULT_DEVELOPER_ERROR

i'm just starting on BB10 porting for apps but as far as i know there is no google play support for the bb10.

i'm not 100% but i haven't read anything that indicates this is possible. i see several reasons for this: 1) the version of the app you're porting is going to be noticeably different to google play than the app you have on the store (signature wise i guess?), 2) why on earth would blackberry allow you to lose sales to google? (there is support for bb app world purchases). 3) there is no google play on the device for the purchasing library to interact with.

hope that helps.

New Contributor
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: Virgin

Re: In App purchase error: RESULT_DEVELOPER_ERROR

There is IAP support, ref https://developer.blackberry.com/android/apisupport/apisupport_inapp_payments_support.html
The documentation is not clear at all, but after many, many hours of hunting around, it turns out:
You can invoke the native Blackberry App World IAP using the Android Market billing library V2: http://developer.android.com/google/play/billing/v2/api.html
A link to the Android site from the Blackberry documentation would have been really useful, so developers know exactly what they're talking about.
After downloading and integrating the V2 library, you then need to modify the BillingService class, in the BillingRequest.makeRequestBundle, change:
request.putInt(Consts.BILLING_REQUEST_API_VERSION, 2);
to
request.putInt(Consts.BILLING_REQUEST_API_VERSION, 1);

I was getting RESULT_DEVELOPER_ERROR and was looking everywhere trying to solve it.

(Another change you should make is to add a null check to the intent arg in the service's onStart method.)