Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Android™ Runtime Development

Contributor
conanjb
My Device: Playbook Simulator
My Carrier: n/a

Invalid signature file digest for Manifest main attributes System.exit calls not allowed!

Hi,

Could someone please explain the meaning of this message when I try to upload my bar to BBW.

Invalid signature file digest for Manifest main attributes System.exit calls not allowed!

I have been able to release my Android app many times to BBW. There have not been any changes in my manifest (except for incrementing the version number) for this release, and only some data changes and code changes in this current release. And there is no occurrance of System.exit calls in my code.

I have a free version of the same app whose only difference is the name (manifest is identical except for name) and that did not have any issues uploading the bar file.

My signing was done in Eclipse and no errors were reported

Please help.

jb

Please use plain text.
Developer
ndsmyter
My Device: Limited Edition Z10, Playbook 16GB/32GB, Dev Alpha A/B/C
My Carrier: Mobile Vikings

Re: Invalid signature file digest for Manifest main attributes System.exit calls not allowed!

I have found some other threads on the Support Forums that could maybe help solving the issue. One of the posters seems to have the same problem as you have, so maybe you could give the solution a try.
He did use the commandline though.

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Native-Development/Error-while-uploading-Invalid-signature-fi...
http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Testing-and-Deployment/How-to-sign-your-BAR-file-from-the-com...

I don't know a solution myself though. Except my only suggestion would be: to just to clean everything, rebuild your app and then try to sign it again. Maybe you could give that a try before you start using the command line. I find it easier myself to just sign from Eclipse.

A like is always appreciated,
but a nomination for BB Elite even more :-)
You can also contact me on Twitter: @ndsmyter
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
imre_m
My Device: PlayBook, Z10, Q10

Re: Invalid signature file digest for Manifest main attributes System.exit calls not allowed!

When I had a signature problem, I did the following:

- close eclipse

- manually delete the dist directory

- reopen the project

- increment the versionCode (not the version number / versionName)

- clean and rebuild

- sign and submit

I hope it helps.

BR,

Imre

--
If you find this post useful please Like it.
If it solves your problem please mark as solution.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
conanjb

Hi,

I tried the suggestion of exiting Eclipse, and deleting the 'dist' directory and going back into eclipse and building a clean build and signing the bar.

It still failed 3 times.

So I tried using the Blackberry Web interface  Runtime for Android apps. Surprisingly it worked and I was able to upload my bar.

Glad it worked but confused as to why.

jb

Please use plain text.
Developer
ndsmyter
My Device: Limited Edition Z10, Playbook 16GB/32GB, Dev Alpha A/B/C
My Carrier: Mobile Vikings

Maybe just a bug in the Eclipse Plugin.

If you want to keep using Eclipse, you could try to reinstall the plugin.
If you want to keep using Blackberry Web Interface, you can just ignore this post.

A like is always appreciated,
but a nomination for BB Elite even more :-)
You can also contact me on Twitter: @ndsmyter
Please use plain text.
Contributor
conanjb

Good idea. I'll try reinstalling the plug-in. I'd prefer using Eclipse.

Thanks.

Please use plain text.