Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Android™ Runtime Development

Developer
maribou
My Device: Torch 9810
My Carrier: Rogers

Is in-app billing API v3 supported?

What is the current state of affairs with the Android IAP API support? I know v2 should work on both PlayBook and BB10. But what about v3?

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
android_xyrality
My Device: Q5
My Carrier: None

Re: Is in-app billing API v3 supported?

This would be interesting for me, too. I have another thread with questions about BB OS versions and IAP version 2/3.

Does nobody have information about this? Its not documentated anywhere. Besides: the blackberry documentation is a disaster -.-

Please use plain text.
Contributor
rick_b_9800
My Device: 9800 Torch
My Carrier: Airtel

Hi,

No only 2.0 is supported! I have managed to work it out using it only :smileyhappy:

Regards

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
android_xyrality
My Device: Q5
My Carrier: None

Hi,

ok - thanks for your experience with that. Can I read it anywhere official? Or can a blackberry guy confirm this?  Another question in this topic - is it possible to include native blackberry IAP into an android-app? Is there a library for it?

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
rockgecko
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: Virgin

There is IAP support, ref https://developer.blackberry.com/android/apisupport/apisupport_inapp_payments_support.html
The documentation is not clear at all, but after many, many hours of hunting around, it turns out:
You can invoke the native Blackberry App World IAP using the Android Market billing library V2: http://developer.android.com/google/play/billing/v2/api.html
A link to the Android site from the Blackberry documentation would have been really useful, so developers know exactly what they're talking about.
After downloading and integrating the V2 library, you then need to modify the BillingService class, in the BillingRequest.makeRequestBundle, change:
request.putInt(Consts.BILLING_REQUEST_API_VERSION, 2);
to
request.putInt(Consts.BILLING_REQUEST_API_VERSION, 1);

I was getting RESULT_DEVELOPER_ERROR and was looking everywhere trying to solve it.

(Another change you should make is to add a null check to the intent arg in the service's onStart method.)

Please use plain text.
Contributor
varunagp1988
My Device: Black berry Play book

can you please guide me on how to make it to work with gogle in-appp billing v2.

Please have a look at it here:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Android-Runtime-Development/Blackberry-in-app-purchase-not-wo...

Please use plain text.
Developer
rruzic
My Device: Simulator - developer
My Carrier: No provider

Hello,

Are there any changes regarding status of this feature? Is IAP in Blackberry Android Runtime going to work with Google in-app-billing library V3? Are we still required to use Google libs V2 in order to have it work in BlackBerry?

Please use plain text.
Contributor
varunagp1988
My Device: Black berry Play book

We need to use Google in-app billing version 2, version 3 is not supported
Please use plain text.
Developer
rruzic

Well, the problem seems to be, that V2 is not available any more from Android SDK manager, which is the documented way of obtaining V2 libraries. Only V3 is offered.

Therefore I wish to ask, is there a recommended way of obtaining Google market billing library V2 for use with Blackberry?

Please use plain text.
Developer
rruzic

Ok, forget BlackBerry recommended way; Does anybody know of any place on the internet, that still offers Google In App Billing library V2 download? I need to get the libraries somewhere, and all i can find is how to migrate to V3.

Please use plain text.