Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Android™ Runtime Development

New Contributor
eflatminor
My Device: playbook
My Carrier: optus mobile

Issue with online signing and bar creation

Hi,

I've been using the online signing and bar creation page (https://bdsc.webapps.blackberry.com/android/bpaa/). This has worked for some apk files but I have some that fail - checks are done and when it attempts the packaging and signing, it throws an error:

We're sorry, an error occurred while processing your request. The information has been registered and we're working on getting this fixed as soon as we can.

A bar file is created but will not load, bad signature. If I try to run it again I get a message that it is already signed.

As I have said, I have successfully gone through the process successfully with several APKs, some fail. I am using Firefox 10.0, Windows 7.

Regards,

Eb-

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
steve_trelease
My Device: none (developer)
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Issue with online signing and bar creation

I'm experiencing the same problem you've described, although this is my first attempt at repackaging (i.e. I haven't had past successes). I'm using FireFox on Ubuntu - possibly the browser is the issue?
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
steve_trelease

FYI, I was able to get a .bar file by downloading the command line tools and using them instead.  I'm not certain if the resulting file is good, however.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
eflatminor

Hi, I haven't tried the commandline tools. - The issue seems to be getting the bar file signed as the process does generate a bar file. I tried using Explorer and Chrome, no change in symptoms.  I haven't installed the Eclipse environment so I haven't tried the other option with the plugin (I was hoping that there was a simple explanation to the issue).

If you're successful, please let me know.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
eflatminor

Try and load it, there is a windows tool for loading them, haven't tried on Linux though. It will complain straight away if the signature is wrong.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
steve_trelease

Sorry, I'm being completely lazy here - could you point me to the tool?

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
eflatminor

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
steve_trelease

I don't have a Playbook, so I guess it's a matter of seeing if I can get an emulator running.

Just to make sure we've been talking about the same thing, I got the same error message as you, but I was on the "Configure your computer for application signing" step.  Maybe, though, that step completed properly, but it choked while trying to generate the .bar file (none was present afterward, BTW).  In any case, I created the keystore in Eclipse and the .bar file from the command line.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
eflatminor

No, different issue. I have configured my pc for signing, I click that - it goest to the packaging and signing page where I enter my CSK password and company name. I click Sign, it creates the bar file and then the error pops up.
Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Development Advisor
jdreher
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Bell

Hello All,

If you are continuing to experience issues with the online packager, if you could please provide your OS and well as browser, our team can further investigate the issue at this time.

Also, the following resrouce will outline how you can verify your BAR file has been successfully signed, 

How to verify you BAR file is fully signed

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Testing-and-Deployment/How-to-verify-your-BAR-file-is-fully-s...

James Dreher
BlackBerry Development Advisor
Please use plain text.