Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Android™ Runtime Development

Contributor
PS712
My Device: Playbook
Accepted Solution

Many Problems with Plugin

I have tried to use the online converting tool and I get an error stating that

My application uses features that are incompatible with the current version of the Blackberry Runtime Android.

Impact: 5 Type: MinSDKVersion Reason: 10:found=15

When I try to use eclipse with the playbook simulator I get the following error in the log

Packaging project Gen is skipped because it has verification errors

Status ERROR: net.rim.ajde code=0 Click the "Details" button to see details null children=[Status ERROR: net.rim.ajde code=0 Packaging project Gen is skipped because it has verification errors null]

Hopefully somebody can help me.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
mattdonders
My Device: BB Playbook

Re: Many Problems with Plugin

What is the MinSDKVersion value in your AndroidManifest?
Please use plain text.
Contributor
PS712

How do i find this out?
Please use plain text.
Contributor
mattdonders

There is a folder called AndroidManifest.xml ins your Project folder (when developed in Eclipse).

Open that and it should have a <uses-sdk> item near the top.

How did you develop this app?
Please use plain text.
Contributor
PS712

android:minSdkVersion="15" that is what it says.

I used eclipse and typed out my code from what I learned.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
PS712

I know how to program in java, is eclipse the best way to make an app for blackeberry, or should I use some other program.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
mattdonders

PS712 wrote:
I know how to program in java, is eclipse the best way to make an app for blackeberry, or should I use some other program.

I use Eclipse to write my Java-based Android apps.

I then installed the Blackberry SDK and just export my BAR file from my Android project and it does whatever conversion necessary and spits me out a signed BAR file I uploaded to the App World.

BTW I think the MinSDKVersion of 15 is too high for the Playbook since it is Android 4.0.3 -- you might have to have MinSDKVersion of 11 (which is Honeycomb). Check out this info from Android Developers blog:

minSDKVersion: An integer designating the minimum API Level required for the application to run. The Android system will prevent the user from installing the application if the system's API Level is lower than the value specified in this attribute. You should always declare this attribute.

targetSDKVersion: An integer designating the API Level that the application targets. If not set, the default value equals that given to minSdkVersion.

This attribute informs the system that you have tested against the target version and the system should not enable any compatibility behaviors to maintain your app's forward-compatibility with the target version. The application is still able to run on older versions (down to minSdkVersion).

Please use plain text.
Contributor
PS712

Thanks that has allowed me to go past the first problem, now I get that the application has unexpectedly stopped. And I need to force close it.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
mattdonders

Are you running this in the Playbook Simulator or in an Android Virtual Device?

Is this app in the Android Market? What does it actually do? Trying to help without any code or background is difficult.

Granted I am not an expert at porting apps but I will definitely help as much as I can.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
PS712

I am trying to run this both in playbook simulator and android virtual device.
Please use plain text.