Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Android™ Runtime Development

Developer
My Device: None
My Carrier: Telus

Menu bar changes app layout

Hey,

I'm working on porting and Android application to BlackBerry 10. The layout has been adapted to work with a 1:1 resolutions, because we want to support the Q10.

However, I've noticed that when the menu bar is open and closed, the layout of the page changes. Here's the behavior I'm seeing:

• If I open the page with the menu bar visible, the page renders properly
  • If I open the page with the menu bar invisible, the page renders properly
  • If I open the page with the menu bar invisible, then swipe down from the top to open the menu, some elements of the page animate away (wipe up). This is about half the elements on the page. There's no reason these elements should disappear. Some of these elements are defined in linear layouts and some in relative layouts. There doesn't seem to be a common factor between the elements that disappear, or the ones that stay visible.
  • This behavior also occurs when I click in a text box and the keyboard is presented on a Z10.

Anybody experience this before and have any idea why this is happening/ if there's a solution?

----------------------
Check out my app, Alien Flow for reddit

And of course, like my post if you found it helpful or informative!
Retired
My Device: BlackBerry 10 Dev Alpha B
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Menu bar changes app layout

Hey Brennan, 

If you specify that your activity/layout is fullscreen, the bottom toolbar will appear overtop of your UI.

Otherwise, it will get resized when the toolbar is displayed.

Justin

Justin Jasmann | Android Application Development Consultant
Developer Relations
developer.blackberry.com