Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Android™ Runtime Development

Contributor
joanpuigsanz
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Tmobile

Multiple signatures porting an android app

Hi all,

Some time ago I've did an android port using the BB plugin for eclipse and then I published in to the BB world... Until here everything ok, but a few days ago I had to do an update with an other computer and when I was testing the update installation, I got the following error:

Info: Progress 100%...
actual_dname::nl.********.***********
actual_id::gYAB******************
actual_version::1.0.15.0
result::failure -104

As I didn't know what was going on I decided to check the console and I found this:

05-24 18:11:59.873: D/QNXInstallerMonitor(7860258): Install failure [INSTALL_PARSE_FAILED_INCONSISTENT_CERTIFICATES]

Then I checked the certificates for the .bar file and they where exactly the same, but somehow the android runtime was giving me this error :smileysad:

Then I dig a bit more and I found out that the first release that I made with the eclipse plugin used the .apk with the Developer key, so the .apk was signed with a developer key... and the content was already published :smileysad:

So the solution for me was to create a new build and port manually the signed apk (with the google play store keys) instead of using the eclipse plugin.

I would like to know if this issue is something that it will be fixed in the BB eclipse plugin or in the android runtime.

Thanks!

Please use plain text.