Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Android™ Runtime Development

New Developer
UrmilShah
My Device: Developer
My Carrier: Developer
Accepted Solution

Need to understand the installation and signing process of BB10 Beta Plugin 2.0

Hi,

I recently updated my BB10 eclipse plugin 1.6.1 to beta 2.0 plugin.

Some concerns :

1. After i register for Code signing keys, i am made to sign with BB id , asked for password and there is bbidtoken.csk file downnloaded in RIM folder. I am unsure how do i use this csk file for signing purpose?

2. Also, there is a configuration window i see where it asks me for linking my account ,generate developer certi etc. So,if i have already linked and got the CSK file, how do we make use of the old/new one?

3. Is there any way to revert back to original CSK/RDK combo i had for 1.6.1 plugin?

Regards,

Urmil

Please use plain text.
Administrator
MSohm
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, BlackBerry PlayBook
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Need to understand the installation and signing process of BB10 Beta Plugin 2.0

Have a look at this blog post, which should help answer your questions.

Code Signing Keys Be Gone! Welcome BlackBerry ID

Let me know if you have any followup questions.

Mark Sohm
BlackBerry Development Advisor

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker
Please use plain text.
New Developer
UrmilShah

Re: Need to understand the installation and signing process of BB10 Beta Plugin 2.0

Thnk you MSohm.

The link you sent helped me resolve some queries.

Certain queries :

1. The bbidtoken.csk is blackberry code signing key used to signing apps before submitting on the app world.

Consider this , So i have one CSK file which i use for signing release A of my app, then i forget d pswd, request a new CSK and use the same for signing release B of the App.

Would it affect the previous release? As in, wont there be any problem during upgrade? Code signing keys mismatch?

f so, how do i resolve ?

Please use plain text.
Administrator
MSohm
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, BlackBerry PlayBook
My Carrier: Bell

The bbidtoken.csk is your BlackBerry ID Token, which replaces the previous BlackBerry Signing Key.  You can link previous signing keys to a BlackBerry ID Token, but you do need to know the password.

If you don't know the password for your old keys you have no choice but to use a new key or token, which is going to lead to this:  Error "File bundle (your_name) has been rejected." When Uploading BAR File to BlackBerry® World™

If you had linked to BlackBerry ID previously you could just generate a new token with a new password, but the previous method for signing doesn't support that.

Mark Sohm
BlackBerry Development Advisor

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker
Please use plain text.
New Developer
UrmilShah

Thanks MSohm....

That was quite helpful.

Please use plain text.
Developer
rruzic
My Device: Simulator - developer
My Carrier: No provider

Before you re-package your .apk files, they need to be signed with your valid Android vendor keys. The documentation does not mention this anywhere and the blackberry nature (1.6) eclipse plugin happily signs and repackages .apk packages signed with the default Debug keys, but when you release app upgrades, it will break. Sign .apk packages with your Android vendor key.

Please use plain text.