Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Android™ Runtime Development

BlackBerry Development Advisor
mwhiteman
My Device: BlackBerry 10
My Carrier: Rogers

New BlackBerry Tools for Android Development 2.0 Beta

[ Edited ]

Today we are pleased to announce the beta release of the BlackBerry Tools for Android Development 2.0!

The BlackBerry tools for Android Development 2.0 beta release makes it easier than ever to package Android apps to run on BlackBerry 10devices. This release provides the following updates:

• The BlackBerry Plug-in for Android Development Tools not longer requires that you install the Android SDK.
  • The Command-line tool includes a graphical user interface to guide you through the repacking process. The GUI version of the tool supports all of the commands in the previous release of the tools.
  • The BlackBerry Android Device Bridge (ADB) Proxy Manager plug-in provides a centralized view for all the connected BlackBerry devices and simulators.

Head on over to our Android Tooling page to grab the latest command-line tools download or get started with the Eclipse Plugin.The Beta update for Eclipse can be found at: http://developer.blackberry.com/android/downloads/eclipseplugin/beta

Feel free to experiment with the tools and let us know what else you would like to see supported within the BlackBerry Runtime for Android apps next as an Android developer!

Cheers,

Matt

Matt Whiteman
Product Manager, Android, BlackBerry Java & Simulators
Please use plain text.
Developer
josuefunes
My Device: Bold 9700, 9790, 9900, Curve 8520, 9360, Blackberry Z10 | iPhone 5S
My Carrier: *

Re: New BlackBerry Tools for Android Development 2.0 Beta

Very good news, thank you very much information BlackBerry Development Advisor

_______________________________________________________________________________________________
Please thank those who help you by clicking the original button.
If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking "Accept as Solution"
Please use plain text.
Developer
thechrissmartin
My Device: Blackberry Z10 Limited Edition
My Carrier: Unlocked

Hey BB team can u guys update the BB Graphical Aid software  for 10.2 support and changes.It's very handy for me.

please please!

1. If any post helps you please click the Like button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
Please use plain text.
Developer
madmaskd
My Device: Blackberry Z10 LE, Q10 And PlayBook
My Carrier: Vodafone

Thanks for taking care of Android Developers. Also the steps are quite simple to implement. But we would like to have some sample of android for Blackberry where we can share the data/ file path with app to app share or easy share which works for BB 10 .. 

Hit Like if you find my post Use Full Thank You...
Please use plain text.