Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Android™ Runtime Development

Contributor
chipuma
My Device: playbook bridged with bold 9700

Re: No BlackBerry Bridge functionality with OS2?

no bridge
i wanna know the inside
New Contributor
joeyg1
My Device: 9800

this bridge browser was the reason for buying the playbook. This work around app has some functionallity, but the bridge browser don't work. I hope when the OS2 will be official it will have full functionality again, or i might as well get an Android tablet instead.

Trusted Contributor
tboyd
My Device: 8530 curve

Joeyg
I swiched back to ver. 1.7 , I couldn't do with bridge, had to have emai and surf without WIfI , waiting till FEB.
New Contributor
PlayC
My Device: PlayBook / Bold

HI 

just to confirm.

To back Date OS from OS2,

You switch off plug in to pc then when says cant connect push update?

that will restore.

Thanks

Trusted Contributor
tboyd
My Device: 8530 curve

You have to shut the playbook OFF and then connect to desk top manager. Once Desk top mgr see's that it cannot connect to the playbook, click on the "Update" button and a full download and install of the current version will begin. PLEASE NOTE: If you rolled back to 1.0.7 BEFORE the 24 hour time period of expiration...When you start your Playbook for the first time on the 1.0.7 OS you will go through a set of set up screens as if your starting your playbook for the first time. When it gets to "Check for Updates" (if you rolled back before 24 hours expired) you will automatically start to download and install the BETA OS 2 again. You must wait 24 hours BEFORE you Roll Back to 1.0.7. If you have already rolled to 1.0.7 you will need to WAIT 24 hours from completion before you can sta
New Contributor
joeyg1
My Device: 9800

Thanks for the info how to get back. I am back at 1.07 and hopefully the release version will have a functioning bridge or I will have a PB for sale.

rdalcazar
My Device: Blackberry 9700

new beta update just released with bridge functionality. only notification presses result in error
Contributor
chipuma
My Device: playbook bridged with bold 9700

bridge is working in the new beta update but it bombs out for me on the bbm side. just crashes.
i wanna know the inside