Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Android™ Runtime Development

Contributor
nraboy
My Device: BlackBerry Playbook

Re: NoClassDefFoundError on Playbook device, but not simulator

I sent a DM last week, but never got acknowledgement that it was received.  The exact message I sent was the following:

----

The link to my app is here:

http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/135551/?lang=en

In case it doesn't load, my app name is SQLTool Pro.

2.3 or 4.0 should be irrelevant for this problem since it is a library added to my project.  Android 2.2+ has all the compatibility for this library.

The Android Manifest is configured to support ADT 7 to ADT 17.  If something were not to work in this app on BlackBerry it would most likely be the ActionBar since that is the only reason for the ADT 17 requirement.  But the ActionBar does in fact work.

This 2.3.3 / 4.0 idea still doesn't explain why it works via simulator and not the device.  I don't have a device to test with, but the purpose of a simulator is not to need one.

----

The Jira was finally assigned, but has not progressed since.  Still waiting for updates.

Contributor
nraboy

Sent jdreher from BlackBerry an email last week after he requested a copy of my APK targetting ADK 10.  I explained to him that my application only needs ADK 11+ because of ActionBarSherlock.  ActionBarSherlock works fine in my application because it uses the Android compatibility libraries.  All other code in my application works fine with ADK 7+.

I told him I cannot remove ActionBarSherlock as it would affect my application.  I also keep asking him the consistent question of why does it work in the simulator, but not the device.  Still no answer on that.

Where is this high level support that BlackBerry advertises?  It takes one to two weeks to get a followup answer that doesn't even progress the situation.

Contributor
nraboy

Bumped this two weeks ago because I hadn't gotten a response.  Still no response.

Where is my update BlackBerry?