Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Android™ Runtime Development

Contributor
sarbyn
My Device: Not Specified

Notification icon not shown

Hi to all.

In my android application I have 3 different notification with 3 different icons. On my Blackberry Q10 device the notifications are shown in the Blackberry HUB with the right content (the "String" part) but the notification icon is missing.  In Blackberry HUB a yellow bell is shown instead of my icons.

I need some custom code in my android application in order to set compatibility with BB hub?

Please use plain text.
New Developer
kumar_raj
My Device: 8900
My Carrier: Airtel

Re: Notification icon not shown

I guess you and me have the same requirements. I also want custom icon instead of bell icon in bb hub. I am not even sure if that is possible from android APIs.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
sarbyn
My Device: Not Specified

Skype application shows the custom Skype notification icon, not the yellow bell...so it's possible in Android SDK

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Development Advisor
bbenninger
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

It's actually not possible...

I won't get into why it works for Skype other than it's an exception :smileysad:
Please use plain text.
Developer
myraddin
My Device: 9000 9810

Here's how Skype does these things: 

http://voiceontheweb.biz/ip-based-communications/skype-for-blackberry-10-1-feature-rich-mobile-conve...

Quote: 

"To that end, we are working closely with BlackBerry to open up some of the integration points available to native apps in the OS so that they can also be used by the Skype application and we expect the app will allow Skype users to see notifications, to start the app from the Hub, and to see their Skype contacts in the native phone book"

"Listen carefully, I shall say this only once"
Please use plain text.