Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Android™ Runtime Development

Visitor
k567
My Device: Bold 9900 + Playbook

OS 2 good, but has anyone tried to downgrade?

been following this method http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-Plug-in-for-Android/Downgrading-From-Tablet-OS-2-0... and keep getting error message unable to connect, repair, sometimes ive managed to get back to 1.0.7 and then you cant connect again so i can restore try again and boot and on setup it once again auto updates to 2.0... help please i want os 1.0.7 back  till 2.0 is more functional

iamolive
My Device: bold 9780

Re: OS 2 good, but has anyone tried to downgrade?

Same here, RIM is hopeless with his software management

BlackBerry Development Advisor
MSohm
My Device: BlackBerry Passport

Please see my post here:  http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-Plug-in-for-Android/Note-to-those-trying-to-downgr...

Mark Sohm
BlackBerry Development Advisor

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker
Visitor
christianlogay
My Device: BlackBerry Torch 9800

I had the same result after downloading OS 2 beta. I neglected to read the disclaimer that said no email or calendar or BBm would be avail in this beta release. Soon after, i Rolled back to OS1.0.7 by doing a "normal" Rollback using desktop manager after which i had the same issues of no email, no calendar, no BBM. This morning i called Tech support and they pointed me at the correct way to rollback to the current version OS. You have to shut the playbook OFF and then connect to desk top manager. Once Desk top mgr see's that it cannot connect to the playbook, click on the "Update" button and a full download and install of the current version will begin. PLEASE NOTE: If you rolled back to 1.0.7 BEFORE the 24 hour time period of expiration...When you start your Playbook for the first time on the 1.0.7 OS you will go through a set of set up screens as if your starting your playbook for the first time. When it gets to "Check for Updates" (if you rolled back before 24 hours expired) you will automatically start to download and install the BETA OS 2 again. You must wait 24 hours BEFORE you Roll Back to 1.0.7. If you have already rolled to 1.0.7 you will need to WAIT 24 hours from completion before you can start your playbook. This is the situation I am going through right now.:Genius:

Have a Great Day!
Christian Logay
Developer
wmatt
My Device: Playbook

[ Edited ]

I'm guessing the downgrade instructions aren't for Mac users. When I connect my Playbook, the desktop software prompts me to retry or repair.