Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Android™ Runtime Development

New Contributor
mloverme
My Device: playbook
My Carrier: vzw

Package ID isn't working

Hello,

I am trying to get my android app released to app word but have been running into problems.  I am trying to upload the .BAR file but keep getting:

File bundle (<appname>.bar) has been rejected. Package ID is required for all .bar file. If this is an upgrade, Package ID must match Package ID in original file bundle.

I checked inside the .bar file and all the information is in the MANIFEST.MF file including the Package ID.  This is a new app and no previous versions have been released.

Any help would be appreciated.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
mloverme

Re: Package ID isn't working

I also search around for a way to contact RIM but couldnt find anything other than this forum.  Does anyone know a phone number or email I could call to reach someone that could help?

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
steve_trelease
My Device: none (developer)
My Carrier: AT&T

I'm getting the same error while trying to upload a replacement for a .bar which was rejected due to signing issues.  This is the initial release of the app - no other versions have been published.

From what I've read on some other posts, it sounds like some manual clean-up needs to be done by RIM staff to clear the way for resubmission.  I've tried deleting and recreating the release and/or file bundle, but keep encountering the same error.

If this is the case, it sounds like an easy resolution.  I've been actively updating the related CR and waiting patiently for some action, but a week has passed with no response.  I understand the demands of running a help desk from first-hand experience, but the lack of any acknowledgment, even "this is going to take a while to resolve", is maddening.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
mloverme

I was actually able to solve mine by using eclipse to generate the .bar file instead of the onlione tool.  Once I did that I could upload it no problem.

Please use plain text.
Developer
StephenRLee
My Device: Google Nexus S, Samsung Galaxy S, Blackberry Playbook
My Carrier: Rogers

I am having the same problem 2 apps are uploaded and one has been denied with the vague message "- no debug token found "

I have attempted to upload both bar files again and both get

File bundle (product.bar) has been rejected. Package ID is required for all .bar file. If this is an upgrade, Package ID must match Package ID in original file bundle.

is anyone at RIM able to help with any of these problems? 

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
matale
My Device: Developer
My Carrier: none

Are you signing your files before submission.
Please use plain text.
Developer
StephenRLee
My Device: Google Nexus S, Samsung Galaxy S, Blackberry Playbook
My Carrier: Rogers

Wondered if it was possible that I didn't so signed them but now as mentioned won't let me upload them.

Thanks for the suggestion.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
arnouf
My Device: None
My Carrier: Orange

For your information.

I had the same issue after uploading a new release, because my previous version wasn't accepted due to certificate issue.

I don't find other solution to create a new app and post the new release.

I suppose that I didn't signed the app with the same process.

So I hope that don't change something for the Playbook contest :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
New Developer
AsterLUX
My Device: Not Specified

[ Edited ]

:smileymad:

Same issue here.  My initial app submission was rejected due to signing issues (I forgot the RDK signing step).

Anyhow, I got it now, but any new .bar file upload leads to the aforementioned cryptic message about PackageIDs not matching.

I have tried using the same bundleID in the blackberry-tablet.xml as the original.

I have tried incrementing the bundleID.

NO LUCK, and from what I read, noone to call !

This whole concept of having to sign files twice is bad.  Android Market doesn't require this, nor does the Nook App Store, nor the Amazon Appstore.

With such a combersome pipeline, looks like RIM deserves some of the bad reputation it's been getting, lately, unfortunately.

Please use plain text.
rahulbolia
My Device: none
My Carrier: tata docomo

Please use plain text.