Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Android™ Runtime Development

New Contributor
Xumtiil
My Device: BlackBerry Storm 9520, BlackBerry PlayBook 16GB
My Carrier: TMN

Peculiar connection issue

Dear team,

I just converted an app (currently in beta) for the company that I work for. It works fine on the Android devices, and it also converts and installs fine on the PlayBook, except for one thing:
It doesn't get a connection from Wi-Fi. It only gets a connection to the internet when I connect over Bridge to a phone.

I have no idea where to start looking to enable "Wi-Fi", which is obviously necessary since not every PB owner can/wants to Bridge just to be able to use an app.

Suggestions?

X.

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
karthikpalanivelu
My Device: BlackBerry PlayBook
My Carrier: Koodo

Re: Peculiar connection issue

Hi, I don't know the exact issue or solution. But I think the way you choose the interfaces may have differences. I think you should check all the network interfaces available and the ip addresses associated with it. Both on android and Playbook and see if there is any difference. And also please check android manifest file and bar file for permissions.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Karthik Palanivelu
Founder and Developer
Andhamil
Follow Us. We are Everywhere.
Facebook, Google+ and Twitter
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Xumtiil
My Device: BlackBerry Storm 9520, BlackBerry PlayBook 16GB
My Carrier: TMN

Re: Peculiar connection issue

Hi, I was unto support for this, and doing a complete wipe and not restoring Apps "fixed" the issue. Same Apps, same Os, but somehow in the settings this got corrupted. I had to choose between broken functionality on a few Apps or manually redoing all other app configurations, including saves of games. No partial recovery, and no further assistance from RIM. Good times.

Please use plain text.