Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Android™ Runtime Development

New Contributor
luuts
My Device: Developer
My Carrier: .
Accepted Solution

Playbook Beta 2.1 In App Payments

With yesterday's beta release, in app purchases are now supported in the Android runtime environment. Can anyone find any details on the implementation of these? 

https://developer.blackberry.com/android/apisupport/ says

"Vending (In App Payments): com.android.vending is supported in the version 1.1.0 of BlackBerry Tools SDK for Android apps but is only compatible with the BlackBerry Tablet OS 2.1 (Beta)." 

com.android.vending is the same package name used in existing Android apps, should this mean that current IAP code should 'just work'??

Please use plain text.
New Developer
comantis
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Playbook Beta 2.1 In App Payments

I would also like to know more about this.  I hope it does 'just work' :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Development Advisor (Retired)
gbeukeboom
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Bell

Yes it is true, beginning in PlayBook OS 2.1 Android applications support In-App payment. For the most part it will "just work", but there are a few things to note:

1) The transaction response signature will not be populated

2) All purchases are done through App World

3) Purchases must be done one at a time

More info (docs, Blog) on its way in the next few days!

Garett
@garettBeuk
--
Goodbye everybody!
Please use plain text.
Developer
connyhald
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: *

Hi,

we have developed a location based Android-App that makes use of in-app-purchase (IAP). More information available under http://tourschall.com

Now I've converted the app for the Playbook (running the latest Beta) and everything seems to work out-of-the box. Great job guys!

The only thing that is not clear is how I can test whether or not IAP really works. Currently if I click our "Buy" button simply nothing happens.

Probably I first need to get a App World account and upload it there? But before I do that I'd be interested if the purchase process will actually work.

Do you have a purchase testing mode some something? Also I could provide the .bar file if you can somehow test it internally.

What are our options?

Thanks!
Conny
-----------
http://kodira.de
BB Apps: Pattern :: Plonk
Please use plain text.
gbeukeboom

Hi Conny,

You will need to download through App World to do any testing with an Android application:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-App-World-Development/How-To-Live-Testing-the-Paym...

Regards,

Garett
@garettBeuk
--
Goodbye everybody!
Please use plain text.
Developer
connyhald
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: *

Thank you, that is exactly what I was looking for. I've now registered as App World vendor. Lets see how it goes :smileyhappy:
-----------
http://kodira.de
BB Apps: Pattern :: Plonk
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
jcentricity
My Device: BlackBerry Bold
My Carrier: Verizon

My team is having alot of problems with Android inApp payments.

They said its not possible.  Which Payment SDK can I integrated into an Android application to support

inApp purchasing.  My team said the following

"That api cannot be integrated in anything else beside an application that uses blackberry classes.

Playbook can read an Android app, but as i wrote above, we cannot insert the api into that."

Basically my team says you can't integrate the payment sdk into an android app but I see

numerous links on the BlackBerry site stating that Playbook 2.1 Android apps support inApp payments.

I need a link that points me to the specifica SDK I can use in an Android app to support

inApp payments

Please use plain text.
gbeukeboom

There are no BlackBerry specific APIs you need to use, just the Android MarketPlace APIs. There is more information on them here:

http://developer.blackberry.com/android/apisupport/apisupport_inapp_payments_support.html

Garett
@garettBeuk
--
Goodbye everybody!
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
jcentricity
My Device: BlackBerry Bold
My Carrier: Verizon

The link you sent says Android apps will use the BlackBerry Payment Service.

I thought you have to integrate Payment SDK files like jar files but you said you don't have to integrate

any BlackBerry classes.

I am still not clear on how to make the Android app aware of the BlackBerry Payment Service

Please use plain text.
gbeukeboom

You don't need any BlackBerry specific APIs, in the back-end the Android MarketPlace APIs will be routed to use the BlackBerry Payment Service. As an Android developer you just need to develop an application that uses Android MarketPlace APIs, all the integration with the BlackBerry Payment Service occurs as a part of the Runtime, so nothing you really need to worry about :smileyhappy:

Garett
@garettBeuk
--
Goodbye everybody!
Please use plain text.