Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Android™ Runtime Development

New Contributor
Golgorz
My Device: Developer

Re: Playbook Not Shipping?

mine arrived to Madrid on Feb 22, on Feb 28 it was sent back to USA Mason OH, i dont know what the hell happened in Madrid with the shippment process, never got contacted by anyone...lets see what happens next :smileyfrustrated:

Please use plain text.
Contributor
mattdonders
My Device: BB Playbook

Got my Playbook yesterday and loving it!
Please use plain text.
Contributor
marklogan
My Device: Playbook

mattdonders - I'm happy for you, but now I'm also more frustrated. You and I had the same problem with the navigation, we had our apps approved the same day. I got the playbook email within an hour of you getting it. I filled it in instantly. Now I'm 9 days later without a shipping email and you're a day in to using yours. I guess the shipping queue isn't so much a queue as a pile :smileyhappy:

I've just got my fingers crossed that its been shipped and I haven't received a shipping email.
Please use plain text.
Visitor
Nibras
My Device: Developer

[ Edited ]

Can anyone from Australia(Victoria) who got the Playbook give a brief idea of how long it took?

Please use plain text.
Contributor
mattdonders
My Device: BB Playbook

marklogan wrote:
mattdonders - I'm happy for you, but now I'm also more frustrated. You and I had the same problem with the navigation, we had our apps approved the same day. I got the playbook email within an hour of you getting it. I filled it in instantly. Now I'm 9 days later without a shipping email and you're a day in to using yours. I guess the shipping queue isn't so much a queue as a pile :smileyhappy:

I've just got my fingers crossed that its been shipped and I haven't received a shipping email.

Shoot them an email with your order number and they should forward you a tracking number. Both times I got a reply within a few hours of sending the email.

Email is BlackBerryPlayBookOffer@tmgideas.com -- give it a shot, can't hurt.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
marklogan

I've already exchanged several emails with them. All they told me was that there were a lot of them, they haven't all been shipped, and some are still waiting for approvals. That was three days ago - which ironically is 72 hours.

They didn't give me any specific details as to where my order sat. I don't really want to email them again yet. I feel like I've annoyed them enough. However by tomorrow my curiosity will probably override my desire not to annoy them.
Please use plain text.
Administrator
MSohm
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, BlackBerry PlayBook

For those still waiting, refer to this blog post for information on our progress:  http://devblog.blackberry.com/2012/02/update-on-blackberry-playbook-offer-and-submissions/

Mark Sohm
BlackBerry Development Advisor

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker
Please use plain text.
Contributor
marklogan

The post says that all shipments have been caught up as of 2/28. However I gave shipping details on 2/21 and have not received a playbook or shipping notification. In fact on the 28th they told me that it had not been caught up and that several were waiting for approvals.

Again, this is a free playbook so I'm not complaining. I'm sure it will show up eventually. I would just like to know 'when' it will be shipped if it hasn't been already.
Please use plain text.
Developer
bec0ding
My Device: BlackBerry Torch 9800 & PlayBook

marklogan wrote:
The post says that all shipments have been caught up as of 2/28. However I gave shipping details on 2/21 and have not received a playbook or shipping notification. In fact on the 28th they told me that it had not been caught up and that several were waiting for approvals.

Again, this is a free playbook so I'm not complaining. I'm sure it will show up eventually. I would just like to know 'when' it will be shipped if it hasn't been already.

You should send an e-mail to blackberryplaybookoffer@tmgideas.com to get information / tracking number.

Please use plain text.
New Developer
ian_mac123
My Device: Playbook simulator

Another timeframe to compare against.

Submitted my app on Feb 12th,

Acknowledged from offer team Feb 14th 

App approved in App World Feb 29th

Recieved Shipping request today March 2nd

Sent details and had immediate email back saying that they hope to ship it to me in the next 72 hours.

So now the eager wait for it to be shipped to the UK :Clap:

Just hope it comes quickly, I have never had any patience :smileyvery-happy:

Please use plain text.