Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Android™ Runtime Development

Contributor
AnujAroshA
My Device: BlackBerry 9780, BlackBerry 10 Dev Alpha
Accepted Solution

Porting background running Android app with BB 10

I have developed an Android application which is compatible with Android API 9 and above. There I have background running process just like an Android service. When I try to port that Android application I found that background serveice has some issues. Is BB 10 for Android Runtime development is not supporting for backgroung services yet?

AnujAroshA
Trusted Contributor
imre_m
My Device: PlayBook, Z10, Q10

Re: Porting background running Android app with BB 10

Hi,

There is no support to run services in the background. Applications can run services only while the user runs them, either in fullscreen or in thumbnail mode.

--
If you find this post useful please Like it.
If it solves your problem please mark as solution.
BlackBerry Development Advisor
bbenninger
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Re: Porting background running Android app with BB 10

imre_m wrote:

Hi,

There is no support to run services in the background. Applications can run services only while the user runs them, either in fullscreen or in thumbnail mode.

They're kind of supported (they're just services as far as android is concerned, and whether they run in the background is a property of the system).  That said, Android Player can and will termininate them in scenarios you might not see them terminated on stock Android (i.e. if you close your app's shell window).