Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Android™ Runtime Development

Visitor
My Device: Playbook Simulator

Porting from Flash to Android, to Playbook, possible?

Hello, I heard about the Android Player for the PlayBook and had an Adobe Flash Game that had been ported to Android using Flash CS5 Air for Android. So I decided to port that to the PlayBook since the PlayBook has native Air support, well, it worked, kinda. The file repackages as a .BAR just fine, no errors or anything, and it installs to the PlayBook simulator just fine. What doesn't work is launching the app. Upon launching the app an error message saying "This Application requires Adobe AIR to run." with two buttons "Install" and "Cancel". I found this odd to say the least, I thought the app would port just fine considering the fact of native Air support. Clicking on install let's me know that the Android Market isn't supported on the PlayBook and then I have to quit the app. So, what do I need to do in order to have this app run? Sorry if this has been asked elsewhere, though I wasn't able to find it if it has been and I've looked for hours.

Regular Contributor
My Device: Developer

Re: Porting from Flash to Android, to Playbook, possible?

While the PlayBook has Air support, I don't think the Android run-time has Air support so there is no way this would work.

Whats you probably have to do is look into the Playbook Adobe Air SDK, so you could probably publish your Air app to Playbook directly not through Android. http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Tablet-OS-SDK-for-Adobe-AIR/bd-p/tablet
Contributor
My Device: Playbook

I agree with matle. Releasing your Flash game as a playbook AIR app should be very straight forward assuming you still have the source.
My Device: Playbook

Has anyone tried this with a Captive Runtime AIR app, meaning the AIR plug in is built into the app? I just like the idea of releasing one app on all markets at once, currently I have the same .apk file on Android Market, NOOK and Amazon.