Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Android™ Runtime Development

Reply
New Contributor
saberube
Posts: 2
Registered: ‎07-16-2012
My Device: Developer
My Carrier: Developer
Accepted Solution

Problem when launching an app in simulator with Eclipse

 

When I try to launch my app in the simulator in Eclipse, I get the following error:

 

An internal error occurred during: "Launching android-my-app".

com/android/sdklib/xml/ManifestData

 

I suppose there is something about my manifest, but my app works fine in the Android simulator and real hardware and market. Also, I was able to verify my apk online and everything was fine. Is there something I'm missing? 

 

Thanks!

Please use plain text.
New Developer
kotmorderca
Posts: 13
Registered: ‎06-01-2012
My Device: Blackberry Playbook 16GB, BB10 Dev Alpha
My Carrier: Play

Re: Problem when launching an app in simulator with Eclipse

Same problem here.

It's no problem to build, repackage and deploy .bar on Playbook or Dev Alpha - everything working, but I see same error message when I try to Run directly from Eclipse menu.

Please use plain text.
New Developer
kotmorderca
Posts: 13
Registered: ‎06-01-2012
My Device: Blackberry Playbook 16GB, BB10 Dev Alpha
My Carrier: Play

Re: Problem when launching an app in simulator with Eclipse

I solved that problem by Installing BB Plugin for Eclipse in beta.

Here: https://developer.blackberry.com/android/documentation/install_plugin_prerequisites_1895476_11.html I read that they suggest to use beta plugin with ADT rev 20. I installed that and now everything works for me.

Here is URL for Eclipse:

https://bdsc.webapps.blackberry.com/android/downloads/eclipseplugin/beta/

Try this solution. Good Luck!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
saberube
Posts: 2
Registered: ‎07-16-2012
My Device: Developer
My Carrier: Developer

Re: Problem when launching an app in simulator with Eclipse

Thanks for the reply. It works fine also for me now. I guess I didn't take enough time to recheck all the instructions!

Please use plain text.