Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Android™ Runtime Development

Contributor
R_E_W
My Device: PlayBook

Problem with in-app purchase after upgrade OS to 2.1.0.1526

[ Edited ]

Hi all!

We have an issue with In-app purchases on PlayBook OS(2.1.0.1526)

Our in-app purchases worked on PlayBook OS 2.1.0.1314 and after update to the recent PlayBook OS(2.1.0.1526) they stopped to work. We receiving RESULT_ERROR(error code 6) each time we're trying to make a purchase(the error is returned before we see the dialog with purchase information: price, title, etc.).

As in-app purchase implementation we're using the Android in-app-billing-v02 library with only one modification in BillingService.java. We've changed BILLING_REQUEST_API_VERSION from 2 to 1 as with BILLING_REQUEST_API_VERSION = 2 we've always get RESULT_DEVELOPER_ERROR(error code 5) when trying to make purchase. Purchases had worked with these small changes on PlayBook OS 2.1.0.1314.

We've debugged the issue and found that in "BillingService.java" inner class "RequestPurchase" method "protected long run() throws RemoteException" line "PendingIntent pendingIntent = response.getParcelable(Consts.BILLING_RESPONSE_PURCHASE_INTENT);" pendingIntent is always null(and it is not null on PlayBook OS 2.1.0.1314 where purchases works fine).

Please assist with the solution of this problem!
Thanks!

P.S. Does anyone have in-app purchases working under Android Runtime on PlayBook 2.1.0.1526?

Contributor
R_E_W

Re: Problem with in-app purchase after upgrade OS to 2.1.0.1526

Today we tryied to wipe one of our PlayBooks and after wipe purchases started to work... But we can't request all our clients to wipe their devices.

Looking further for the solution

Contributor
R_E_W

Re: Problem with in-app purchase after upgrade OS to 2.1.0.1526

Anybody? :Helpsmilie: