Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Android™ Runtime Development

Contributor
roychan3
My Device: BB10
Accepted Solution

Programming the "Settings" button in BB10

Recently, my app was rejected because I didn't implement the "Settings" button. My app was ported from Android to BB10 and I didn't intent to put anything in the "Settings" button. Could anyone suggest me how to disable the button or implement the button? Thanks.

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
imre_m
My Device: PlayBook, Z10, Q10

Re: Programming the "Settings" button in BB10

What do you mean by "settings button"?

Do you refer the menu button with the three vertical dots, or do you have a "settings" menu item which doesn't perform anything?

BR,

Imre

--
If you find this post useful please Like it.
If it solves your problem please mark as solution.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
roychan3

Yes, I mean the 'Settings' after selecting the three vertical dots. When I launch the app and swipe from the top center down, a menu bar shows up. The three vertical dots button is the rightmost button in the menu bar. When I click the vertical dots button, 'Settings' shows up at the top and there is no response when I click the 'Settings'. My question is if it is posssible to disable the 'Setting' as my app doesnt need it or how can I implement something for it? My app was written in android and ported to bb10 os running on Dev Aalpha B.
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
imre_m
My Device: PlayBook, Z10, Q10

That "settings" menu is automatically generated when you create a new Android app.

You have to remove it if you do not use it: open the "activity_main.xml" from the res\menu folder of your project and remove the menu item. Then rebuild your app and itt will no longer display that menu item.

It is certainly a pretty bad user experience if you have a menu item which does nothing.

BR,

Imre

--
If you find this post useful please Like it.
If it solves your problem please mark as solution.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
roychan3

Yes, it works. Thanks for your help.

Please use plain text.