Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Android™ Runtime Development

New Contributor
zdziczkowski
My Device: Z10

Push Issue in Building BAR from APK

[ Edited ]

Hi Everyone!

First time poster on these forums. I am really stuck on an issue I believe to be with push notifications. I am converting an Android app to a BB10 BAR using the Eclipse plugin. The plugin works fantastically when I try to build it using the "BlackBerry Tools > Sign for BlackBerry World", but when it attempts to sign the BAR it chokes and gives the following error message:

Error: Code signing request failed because [_sys_use_consumer_push] in Entry-Point-System-Actions is not allowed.    DocHaloAndroid.bar    /DocHaloAndroid/dist/Android 3.0    /Users/alottazs/Documents/dochalo/dochalo_android/DocHaloAndroid/dist/Android 3.0/DocHaloAndroid.bar    BlackBerry Signing Problem

I have scoured the interwebs looking for an explanation. I have tried disabling certain portions of the app. But to no avail, I cannot get past this issue. Since I cannot sign it, I cannot deploy it, etc.

Any thoughts from more experienced BB developers that might assist a humble Android dev?

EDIT: I found that commenting these permissions from the AndroidManifest.xml allowed to at least sign it and deploy it. Unfortunately it crashes when it runs because my app NEEDS these permissions.

<permission
        android:name="com.dochalo.dochalo.permission.C2D_MESSAGE"
        android:smileytongue:rotectionLevel="signature" />

<uses-permission android:name="com.dochalo.dochalo.permission.C2D_MESSAGE" />
    <uses-permission android:name="com.google.android.c2dm.permission.RECEIVE" />

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Development Advisor (Retired)
jjasmann
My Device: BlackBerry 10 Dev Alpha B

Re: Push Issue in Building BAR from APK

Hey there,

Have you taken a look at our Push Support page? 

Link: https://developer.blackberry.com/android/apisupport/creating_push-enabled_android_apps.html

Justin

Justin Jasmann | Android Application Development Consultant
Developer Relations
developer.blackberry.com
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
zdziczkowski
My Device: Z10

Re: Push Issue in Building BAR from APK

Hi Justin,

Yes. I have. Followed it to a T. Sorry that I did not mention that.

Please use plain text.