Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Android™ Runtime Development

New Developer
My Device: BB 10 Simulator Alpha
My Carrier: 3
Accepted Solution

Querying Database on BB

[ Edited ]

Hi

I am relatively new to the BB ecosystem and I am trying to port my app from android to BB. I am using the bb10 alpha simulator.I have installed the eclipse plugin and I have successfuly  managed to run the app.Most of the app is working as expected.I have a few issues, the part where I query the database for audio,video and images does not seem to work.I have uploaded mp4, mp3 and image files to the sdcard on the simulator. In my app,there is also an option to rescan the media on sd card which updates the media database but even that does not seem to work. Is there any workaround?Any help or a pointer in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.

New Developer

Re: Querying Database on BB

Hi I have themodified my  program a bit.Instead of querying the db I am using java File object to look for required files and it is working as expected now.But I have two folders each for Music,Pictures,Downloaded and Movieson my SDcard.Is this normal?

Developer
My Device: Limited Edition Z10, Playbook 16GB/32GB, Dev Alpha A/B/C
My Carrier: Mobile Vikings

As far as I know this is normal. Because Android applications run in some kind of emulator on the device itself. And in this emulator, the file system is duplicated (probably with something like symbolic links). So it could well be that you are encountering some duplicated folders.

If I use an 3rd party File Manager on my PlayBook, which uses the same Android emulator as the BB10 phones, as far as I know. I can see that the content of the Android folders is exactly the same, and I can browse both versions of the folder the same way.

So maybe you should just make sure that you are only using one of the versions of each folder.

A like is always appreciated,
but a nomination for BB Elite even more :-)
You can also contact me on Twitter: @ndsmyter
New Developer

Thanks again.