02-12-2012 02:40 PM
I am hoping for a quick resolution here to get my apps submitted before the deadline for the free playbook
I have went through all the tutorials and successfully signed my android apps and managed to get the icon onto the simulator by right clicking on the created .bar in eclipse and then going to blackberry tools and then install, however when I click on the icon in the simulator it opens up says "Initializing please wait..." then after about 30-45 seconds the blackberry splash screen appears and then just goes back to the home page.
Has anyone else experience this? Can you point me in the direction of what may be going wrong?
Solved! Go to Solution.
02-12-2012 03:07 PM
i had little problems too, i suggest to you make a clean of your project before retry, look at console log on eclipse if you launch under eclipse ( Run -> Run as -> Blackberry Android Launch )
02-12-2012 03:37 PM
Thanks for the quick reply.
I have tried that with just the simple helloworld app and still seem to get the same problems.
Interestingly though, when I right click on my project and run as Blackberry Android launch in the console I get the following:
[2012-02-12 20:18:49 - helloworld] Packaging project helloworld
[2012-02-12 20:19:07 - helloworld] Launching BlackBerry Android Runtime...
[2012-02-12 20:19:16 - helloworld] Connecting to ADB...
it then sticks at 51% on the bottom right hand corner but in the simulator it does the same thing that I described in the 1st post.
Any more suggestions please?
Thanks again for the help.
02-13-2012 06:04 AM
Ah right I see, not sure if it is my laptop or the fact that I am using the free version of vmware but it doesn't seem to allow me to change the number of processors that I can use.
Is it just the commercial version that allows changes?
02-13-2012 06:37 AM
Ah that makes sense. I think it is probably just suspending its state when I close it . I will try that later on when I can get to the development machine.
Thanks for your help.
02-13-2012 07:16 AM
02-14-2012 01:40 PM
Thanks to everybody on this thread, and the other problem thread for their suggestions to solve this problem.
I had the same problem, but I'd just like to add something which made the simulator work for me...
- Already set 2 cores on WMware, as suggested elsewhere. Still the simulator failed for me.
-Set task priorty to high (for WMware processes in Windows Task Manager)
and finally it worked! Runs quite slow, but I've found this on other computers - at least it opens the app!