Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Android™ Runtime Development

Contributor
Sheeft
My Device: Not yet

Re: Scaling problems on the Playbook

Well, even though my app doesn't run on the simulator, it has been approved today because thanks to a friend of me owning a Playbook, I knew it was working well…

Actually I'm using the SurfaceView with a thread in order to refresh the screen regularly (not only when an event occurs) beceause, as I told you it's a game even if you could only see the home screen…

I didn't copy the code from LunarLander example, as I said, I inspired myself from this tutorial http://www.droidnova.com/2d-tutorial-series-part-iii,823.html#comment-2612

Which doesn't work on the simulator but fine on an actual Playbook so if you need some code to find out, this should be enough as the same problems are encountered with this.

Thanks a lot !

Please use plain text.
Developer
TheVaan
My Device: PlayBook

It was not mentioned before (and you solved your problem - which was a simulator problem - by your self) but it might be better to mention, that the PlayBook has 170dpi that means it is an mdpi device so images should maybe better placed in drawables-mdpi with the right size...

Am I right?

Contributor
Sheeft
My Device: Not yet

Well actually, I did try this but it didn't change anything. Though I agree with you hdpi wasn't supported anyway.
Please use plain text.