Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Android™ Runtime Development

New Contributor
SStowers
My Device: PlayBook 16GB, Torch 9810

Self-Signed SSL Certificates failing in OS 2.0 beta browsers

Greetings,

My apologies if this is the wrong forum, but I’m following advice from the Beta Zone's (Consumer) Global BlackBerry PlayBook Community General Discussion board and cross-posting here.

I’ve been pleased with my testing of OS v2.0.0.3778, but I have noticed that I am no longer able to connect to web sites using self-signed certificates, either directly (over Wi-Fi) or bridged.

I have followed the instructions in Article ID: KB26515 "How to import security certificates on the BlackBerry PlayBook", but it has not been successful.

The standard browser errors with "Unknown Network Error – Timeout was reached – Try Again".

The bridge browser offers the slightly more helpful "Unknown Network Error – Failed writing received data to disk/application – Try Again".

For reference, this did not work in v1.0.7.2942, but did work after the OS v1.0.7.3312 upgrade, offering a helpful "accept this certificate" dialog box.

Any suggestions would be most appreciated.

Thanks,

Scott

Please use plain text.