Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Android™ Runtime Development

Contributor
Olmatech
My Device: BB 10

Re: Signing application

Oh,  it is what I thought. I think somehow in the prosess we mistyped password...

Do you have a link to instructions on how to do it (clean-up and get a new tockens)?

Thank you,

Olga

BlackBerry Development Advisor
MSohm
My Device: BlackBerry Passport

First, download a new BlackBerry ID Token.  Then create a new Developer Certificate with the same password.  To do so from Eclipse click on the Window menu, choose Preferences, expand BlackBerry, click on Signing and press the Create Certificate button, overwriting the existing one with the same password used for the BlackBerry ID Token.

Mark Sohm

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker
Contributor
Olmatech

Thanks!

I will do it today and let you know how it went.

Olga

Contributor
Olmatech

[ Edited ]

Oh, the same error - 

Error: The specified CSK password is not valid.

I got new ID and followed the instructions (copied / pasted my password from text file to make sure),  it created "author.p12" file and "barsigner.db" with size 0. I tried both - sign from Eclipse and use command-line tool to sign .bar file, but with the same result.

Is there any other way to sign the builds?  I can try another computer - but it needs a lot of things to be installed first...

Olga

Basically, I think it tells me that password that in .csk file I downloaded is different. I specified the same password when I downloaded ID and created certificate.

Update: just installed stand-alone Eclipse for Blackberry on different computer - seems that it is not working with Blackberry ID and does not have the same tools as plug-in for Eclipse.
MSohm

[ Edited ]

Did you remove your barsigner.csk file (make sure you have a backup of this) from your original keys?  Just to ensure it's not conflicting here.  You'll find it in these directories:

• Windows XP:  %HOMEPATH%\Local Settings\Application Data\Research In Motion
  • Windows Vista, Windows 7 and Windows 8:  %HOMEPATH%\AppData\Local\Research In Motion
  • Mac OS:  ~/Library/Research In Motion
  • Unix / Linux:  ~/.rim

Also make sure your new author.p12 file is in the directory above as well.

Are you signing from a command line or from the IDE?

Mark Sohm

Contributor
Olmatech

[ Edited ]

Yes, I removed all files from Windows RIM directory and added new csk file there.

I tried both, Eclipse and command line with the same result.

Currently installed Eclipse Kepler and installing BB plug in for it on another computer.

Olga

Update: installed, but can't find the same Blackberry Tools ("blackberry-keytool and blackberry-signer" ) I used from command line. May be I installed them with Blackberry Native SDK (not plug-in)?  I see "signatureTool.jar" in Eclipse plugins folder so. Is it the same?  Can I use them with csk file and from command line?

As I see it - all I need are ability to create certificate and sign .bar file on another computer since my developer computer somehow stores invalid password.

Olga

Contributor
Olmatech

Finally it worked!!

Seems that something was wrong with that particular project - may be because I tried to signed it with "old" password? Anyway, I created a new project and just re-assembled it - and  craeted three files from Eclipse - .bar, .lvs, and .wrn.

Looking forward submittin to app store.

Thank you for help - it was a long road!

Olga

MSohm

Odd that you had to create a new project but I'm glad to hear you got it signed.  :smileyhappy:

Mark Sohm