Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Android™ Runtime Development

Contributor
My Device: BB 10
My Carrier: Virgin
Accepted Solution

Signing application

Hi:

I am porting Android application to Blackberry 10 for my client, but a bit confused on how to sign the app. I have my own signing key and configure my computer with this, but I want to sign the app with my client's key.  The client send me "bidtoken.csk" file. How can I sign the app with my client's credentials?

Sorry for been confused,

Olga

BlackBerry Development Advisor
My Device: BlackBerry Passport
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Signing application

[ Edited ]

The bbidtoken.csk is a BlackBerry ID token, which has replaced code signing keys as the new method for signing.  It has a number of benefits like being able to reset your own password and get a new BlackBerry ID Token if you lose yours.  I recommend you link your own keys to your BlackBerry ID account.  This article explains how and goes over the benefits of using a BlackBerry ID token.  Code Signing Keys Be Gone! Welcome BlackBerry ID

This article should help you with this process.

BlackBerry 10 Code Signing Guide for Contractors with Multiple Clients

Let me know if you have any questions about it.

Mark Sohm

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker
Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hi Mark:

Tahnk you for reply. I run command-line command (I am using Eclipse) and it created author.p12 file from bbidtoken.csk file I downloaded. I am trying to user on-line tools to export and sign Android app, but it asks for "csj" files. I tried to Sign for Blackberry World from Eclipse, but received the following error:

"Error: Certificate chain not found for: RDK.  RDK must reference a valid KeyStore key entry containing a private key and corresponding public key certificate chain."

What should I do now? It is a way to generate"csj" files from "p12" or "csk" file? Is there a command line command I can use to sign / export Android app?

Sorry for been confused, but I need to sign theese apps.....

Olga

Update: I just tried to sign the app using on-line tool - it accepted p12 file, but I got a message " Your computer may not have setup correctly(Certificate chain not found)". ...

In order to sign with a BlackBerry ID token you need to use a gold release of the 10.2 SDK.  The online packager does not support using BlackBerry ID tokens.  If you upgrade your SDK in Eclipse you'll be able to sign with the BlackBerry ID token.

You can verify this by running blackberry-signer (.bat in Windows) from a command prompt.  This is the tool Eclipse uses to sign your application.  Version 3.0.9 or higher is required to sign with BlackBerry ID tokens.  

Mark Sohm

Contributor

[ Edited ]

Oh,

What is on-line command for signing? Can I sign without Blackberry token?

I will try to upgrade Eclipse...

Olga

Update: I upgraded Eclipse plug-in, but got the following error: The specified CSK password is not valid. How can I set/verify this password?

After trying to re-export from Eclipse, it did not prompt me for password, but gave the same error.

Olga

Trying using this command to sign:

blackberry-signer -storepass <your_password> <your_file.bar>

Mark Sohm

Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hi Mark:

Tried doing this - got the same password error. How can I verify / get / change this password?

Olga

Update: Just found your old thread about re-installing key. I found "bbidtoken.csk" file in the AppData/Local?Research In Motion folder. Deleting it does not solve a problem. How can I re-generate this file?

Is CSK password the same as I specified when run blackberry-keytool -genkeypair -storepass <your_password> -dname "cn=<company_name>" command? Or is it different?

The password for your Developer Certificate (author.p12) must be the same as the BlackBerry ID token (bbidtoken.csk).  Make sure both of these match for signing your client's application.

Mark Sohm

Contributor

Thank you for replay. How can I check / verify that passwords match? Is there any way to access this password?

This is my client's first app on Blackberry - may be easier will be just get new certificate for signing with new password? Then I will need to know how to clean everything up and start over.

Thank you,

Olga

There isn't a way to look up the password.  Easiest way is to create a new BlackBerry ID token and Developer Certificate, which allows you to choose a new password.

Mark Sohm