Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Android™ Runtime Development

Contributor
underLabs
My Device: Not Specified

Signing .bar file (converted from apk)

I have a Game developed in java, and exported to .bar file (converted from an apk), I want to sign it. I have the .csj files from Blackberry, and I installed the sdk tools to batchbar-signer it... though it's not owrking.

Can anyone please sign it for me, I'll give you the csj, the password, and the .bar.

This is my last attempt. It's too frustrating to place these apps on the marketplace.

Please use plain text.
New Developer
SanderT
My Device: Z10LE / DevC / PlayBook
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Re: Signing .bar file (converted from apk)

I don't think it is wise to share your keys and password. Maybe if you explain what is not working (error messages for example) during the signing process we can help you. Have you tried installing Eclipse and the Development Plugin(https://bdsc.webapps.blackberry.com/android/documentation/install_plugin_prerequisites_1895476_11.ht...)? If you have the source for your game and load it into Eclipse, you can use the automated bar creation and signing included in the Blackberry plugin.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
underLabs

[ Edited ]
There is way too many steps. It was a previous developer who coded it, it runs and rather famous (relatively) on the Android and iOS, though getting it signed on a Mac is a nuisance. Anyways, I'm willing to hire someone to do it, & under NDA for any security issues. The password we set was very specific, and used only when we got the csj.
Please use plain text.
New Developer
SanderT

I hope someone is willing to help you with this, but in the meantime, have you tried the online packing and signing tool: https://bdsc.webapps.blackberry.com/android/bpaa/ 

You just need the apk and SDK. Maybe this tool will give you the reasons why it isn't working for you and someone here can help you solve it on your end before spending money one someone else doing it for you. Anyway good luck!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
underLabs

[ Edited ]

They're asking for the Android SDK: "The folder is not the Android SDK folder" which one exactly?

I placed the android-14 and android-15... same error.

This system might take some skype + screen sharing... if anyone is wiling.

Please use plain text.
New Developer
SanderT

Maybe there is your problem, it does reference revision 16 of the SDK like mentioned here:

https://bdsc.webapps.blackberry.com/android/documentation/install_plugin_prerequisites_1895476_11.ht...

I've also been using revision 16 for all my development and although the site above is meant for eclipse, it references revision 16 (and up).

Please use plain text.
New Developer
SanderT

Also, this video might clear things up about the process: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vlw2DRD-YAo
Please use plain text.
sam1741
My Device: blackberry playbook
My Carrier: 9676921923

Hi. I am sampath from INDIA..

I have blackberry playbook,I have code signing key and number but i want the .csj files from Blackberry and how to process the SDK tools

and finally how to converting from .APK file TO .BAR file

please help me any one

Please use plain text.
New Developer
vincentkuri
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: Vodafone

Hey Sampath,

First, apply for the code signing keys on the developer website, which you should get in your email within 24hours.
Second, make sure your app is in android 2.3.3 and you have the android SDK installed in your computer.
Third, go the online code signing tool and follow the steps given, you should get your .bar file in the end of the process.
Fourth, upload the .bar file to your vendor portal account and your app will be in the App World once it's been verified.

Hope this helped solve your question. 

Please use plain text.