Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Android™ Runtime Development

Developer
My Device: Playbook Simulator
My Carrier: Three

Signing problems

I was denied last night due to my app being unsigned.

I don't think I could find the .BAR file after hitting 'Sign for App World' in Eclipse so I signed it using the online tool. This then produced the .BAR I submitted to BB, which is apparently unsigned.

As per RIM's instructions, I downloaded the command line based tools. When trying to sign with that the cmd line tool states something along the lines of 'Error. Cannot sign as application has already been signed'.

So now what? Documentation states my BAR should contain various files like 

- RDK.SF

RDK.EC

- MANIFEST.MF

- AURTHOR.SF

AUTHOR.EC

Opening my .BAR up in 7zip shows none of these files (I'm assuming thats how they want us to check if these files a present?)

So now I'm stuck with a .BAR which the command line tools states is signed and RIM states it isn't. What can I do? Is there a way of exporting an unsigned BAR from Eclipse which I could then try and sign myself with the command line tools?

Developer
My Device: 8320, 9500, 9700
My Carrier: Vodafone

Re: Signing problems

[ Edited ]

When you sign with the Eclipse tools the signed file is in the "dist" folder under your project root, in my case (using the plugin tools) the .BAR file does contain all of those files.

Developer

[ Edited ]

You are correct.

This time I signed it through Eclipse and did a search for my app and managed to find it. Opened it up in 7zip and all was fine.

Now I have a new problem... When I try to upload I get the message

File bundle (xxxxxxxxxx.bar) has been rejected. Package ID is required for all .bar file. If this is an upgrade, Package ID must match Package ID in original file bundle.

So I open up my old bundle and bundles manifest file. My old package ID is

testEK7f_Ti_kSyZ7yczIkT-8bY

And the new, signed one, is

gYABgHFEOWZOIp_yDiats9xxxxM (obfuscated, I'm not sure if its sensitive info)

If I change my current, signed BAR's, package ID to the old one, prefixed 'test....' is this going to cause errors? Am I going to have to go through the whole process of creating the app in app world again as a new app?

EDIT: Grrrr. Tried changing the package ID manually to the test one but as predicted this doesn't work. It seems my only option left is to make a new app in App World. I think I'm going to have to go through this whole process again with my other two apps. 

EDIT2: It seems other people are having the same problem, some suggest creating a new app, others say it requres manual clean up from Blackberry. Is it worth bothering even submitting a support ticket? They've never answered any of my prior contact requests. Is there a number I can call on?

Developer
My Device: Google Nexus S, Samsung Galaxy S, Blackberry Playbook
My Carrier: Rogers

I was told by @BlackBerryDev on twitter this morning they were going to put more eyes on this forum.

Maybe a few more people contacting @BlackBerryDev on twitter might help?

I have about given up until we can get some answers.

Developer

[ Edited ]

I did contact @BlackberryDev once but no response. I may give it another shot.

What I've had to do is just create a new app in App World and release it that way. If the Playbook offer wasn't extended that would have been my chances gone.

The other problem here is I've had to change the name of my app as it wouldn't let me create another app with the same name (even though the SKU has been changed). It also seems I can't delete the old one from my account so by the time I've done this for my other two apps my account is going to be in a hell of a mess.

Please can we get an official fix for this Blackberry.