Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Android™ Runtime Development

New Developer
My Device: Bold

Sporadic problems with internet connection

We ported the Android version of our time tracking app timr to BB10 and we have many satisified customers. However from some of our customers we hear that from time to time they have problems connecting to our server. The Android app tells them that there is no "Internet Connection" while other native apps work perfectly well.

I found some forum discussions around similar issues:

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackberry-z10-f254/android-apps-have-no-internet-connection-3g-only-wi... 
http://forums.crackberry.com/blackberry-z10-f254/verizon-z10-sideloaded-apps-network-not-available-7...

Is this a common know issue with ported Android Apps on BB10? It seems rebooting the device helps but that is not a great solution.

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Re: Sporadic problems with internet connection

There was an issue with perceived cellular connectivity on Verizon issued devices (i.e. Android's ConnectivityManagerService thought it was disconnected in some scenarios when it was genuinely connected), but those issues should have been resolved in 10.1.

New Developer

ok, and is 10.1. available for Z10 users of Verizon?

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

I believe the most up to date release for Verizon subscribers (not 10.1 but an MR release) does indeed have the fix.

For a better answer unfortunately I'll need to know which OS builds your customers are experiencing issues with.

New Developer

Carrier: Verizon
BB version: 10.0.9.422
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: TMD

according to last weeks information at BB Live - US carrier will update to 10.1 end of May