Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Android™ Runtime Development

New Contributor
alinnert
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: o2

Strange issues with Cordova Android app ported to BlackBerry

Hallo,

I'm developing an app via Cordova. Since a direct build from Cordova to BlackBerry resulted in some errors I decided to port the Android app (which runs perfectly) to BlackBerry. On my device (a Z10) it runs great now, too. But on the Simulator there are some really strange graphical issues.

After I submitted the app to the store I got feedback from the review team that these issues also appear on their (real) devices and they sent me screenshots. So I know it's the same type of issue I experience in the simulator.

I took a picture of my device and the simulator so you can see what it should look like and what it looks like when the issue appears.

When the app works properly it does that all the time. When it does not, the app looks broken all the time. So this does not happen "only sometimes".
And if the issue appears the app still works properly as if everything is on its right place.

Does anybody know what I can do about this?

And what's the reason this only appears on some devices?

Some information about the process:

This is a Cordova app. Nothing special, just a webview.

Used plugins are: camera, device, dialogs, file, file-transfer, geolocation, inappbrowser, network-information and splashscreen
I used the Cordova base to compile the Android app.
Then I used the Eclipse BlackBerry Plugin to port it from Android to BlackBerry.

OS version of my device (app working): 10.2.1.2941
OS version of my simulators (app with issues): 10.2.1.1925 and 10.2.1.2947

Regards,
Andreas

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
alinnert
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: o2

Re: Strange issues with Cordova Android app ported to BlackBerry

Nevermind. I finally managed to create a BlackBerry App without the Android part in between. It works fine so far.

Please use plain text.