Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Android™ Runtime Development

Contributor
ChrisBB
My Device: Playbook
Accepted Solution

Trouble adding Playbook Simulator to Eclipse

Last night I downloaded VMWare and the current version of the Playbook Simulator.  The Simulator runs fine and I went into the settings and enabled debugging and confirmed the IP address in the security settings.  I also setup the password.  My problem is when I go into Eclipse to add the Simulator.  I have tried doing it from Preferences and also from Debug.  I first tried the auto-detect but it was unable to find it.  I then entered it manually with the IP address and password but that fails as well.  I tried it with both the Simulator running and also with it shut down and same result.  I also tried to ping the ip address from a command prompt while the simulator was running and that failed.  Thinking it might be a firewall issue I temporarily disabled my firewall and anti-virus but get the same result.  I also tried a restart of my PC with no luck.  I am out of ideas and would appreciate any advice I can get.

Thanks!

Regular Visitor
Fonceur
My Device: Simulator

Re: Trouble adding Playbook Simulator to Eclipse

Same thing, the simulator can access the network, but I can't ping it or access it from Eclipse.  I suspect the default 169.254.0.1 that I'm seeing in the PlayBook simulator has something to do with it...  Most of the posts I see are using the more normal 10.0.x.y or 192.168.x.y addresses...

Contributor
ChrisBB
My Device: Playbook

I figured out what the problem was.  The IP address in the Settings menu is wrong.  On the home screen there is an icon you can click on that will tell you it is in development mode and it will give you the real IP address.  Hope this helps anyone else that had the same issue.

Sp1r1t
My Device: Bold 9700 & PlayBook

[ Edited ]

< Post deleted - already answered >