Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Android™ Runtime Development

Developer
sblantipodi
My Device: Not Specified

Try & Buy on BB10

Hi,

I'm submitting my bar file for BB10 (I used blackberry android runtime to convert my android project in bar) but the vendor portal says me the

Platform selected for File Bundle(s) do not support Try & Buy license type.

Are you fool?
Do you really removed the try and buy license for BB10 apps?

I'm trying my best to support Blackberry but this is too much...

Developer
sblantipodi

Re: Try & Buy on BB10

if RIM removed the dynamic licensing,

is there some code sample on how to integrate the in app purchase method?

always more disappointed from RIM.

New Developer
hminaya
My Device: Playbook

I can't believe they axed this, very disappointed :smileysad:

Developer
sblantipodi

hminaya wrote:

I can't believe they axed this, very disappointed :smileysad:

the real problem is that they are not offering anything better or anything similar.

the biggest problem is that there is no documentation on how to implement diffferent payment method using android runtime emulator.

Developer
sblantipodi

bumping thread for informations...

Developer
sblantipodi

It's ridiculous that I'm receiving dozens of emails from RIM that inform me how cool is porting apps to BB10,

there are also some mails that inform me that my app (the one that uses android runtime emulator) is ready for BB10 without the necessity to lift a finger and than they don't support dynamic licensing.

All my apps uses dynamic licensing on Java and on Android, how can be compatible if dynamic licensing isn't supported anymore?
I always loved RIM but now they are becaming ridiculous.

Developer
sblantipodi

bumping thread until getting an answer.

Retired
gbeukeboom
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Hi there,

Yes, Try & Buy was removed back in the summer. The proposed replacement was to implement a freemium model into your app or implement try and buy yourself. The Try&Buy feature is still being discussed, but would need to be implemented in a manner much more tailored for usability than the previous release.

Dynamic app licensing will also not be supported for BlackBerry 10 however I believe it should still work well for digital goods. If there is a large need for this then it is also something that could be implemented into your app, make a call to your server-side app to pull the license.

In general though I definitely see your point, this is a feature that your app did use but cannot any more, while some APIs are not supported as due to missing system hooks, this feature is not supported due to App World missing some features.

Garett
@garettBeuk
--
Goodbye everybody!
Developer
sblantipodi

gbeukeboom wrote:

Hi there,

Yes, Try & Buy was removed back in the summer. The proposed replacement was to implement a freemium model into your app or implement try and buy yourself. The Try&Buy feature is still being discussed, but would need to be implemented in a manner much more tailored for usability than the previous release.

Dynamic app licensing will also not be supported for BlackBerry 10 however I believe it should still work well for digital goods. If there is a large need for this then it is also something that could be implemented into your app, make a call to your server-side app to pull the license.

In general though I definitely see your point, this is a feature that your app did use but cannot any more, while some APIs are not supported as due to missing system hooks, this feature is not supported due to App World missing some features.

Thanks for the answer, I long awaited it but I appreciate it much.

Can you be more explicit please?

You say that some sort of dynamic licensing can be implemented with digital goods.

How can I sell digital goods?

I would like that a user who want to buy the app "click on buy button" than my server should receive an HTTP POST from RIM that says me that the user bought the software.

Is this possible? Should I implement the buy button using the payment api or this payment button is managed from the App World like the old dynamic licensing way?

Thanks.

Retired
gbeukeboom
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Trying to understand the use-case, couldn't the app just make an HTTP Post call to your server to let it know the app had been purchased? If this doesn't fulfil the need could you please provide an overview of why this is needed?

Garett
@garettBeuk
--
Goodbye everybody!